Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Getting a Doom Tattoo. Need ideas!

So, I'm inclined in getting myself a Doom tattoo, but I still don't know what exactly to make.

This one below blew my mind and I might as well just do something similar:

Here are some others I have found:

I didn't want to tattoo a Doom monster. I was thinking of tattoing the spheres but I don't know if it would look cool.

Well, can I get some more ideas here? I will post the result later.

Regards!

cannonball said:

I am not one for tatoos or piercings myself but I have to admit, the top picture looks awesome

Precisely my thoughts. I don't want a tattoo, let alone a Doom tattoo, but the artistry in the first photo is quite exquisite.

Whatever you decide on, make sure it doesn't end up getting posted on the internet for the wrong reasons. I don't mean to patronise, but a tattoo really is going to be there for the rest of your life.

DoomUK said:

Whatever you decide on, make sure it doesn't end up getting posted on the internet for the wrong reasons. I don't mean to patronise, but a tattoo really is going to be there for the rest of your life.

Well, it took me years to make this decision and now I'm pretty sure about it. Not only that, I got huge confidence on my tattooer, except for the fact that he is not a Doom fan, nor has ever made a Doom tattoo.

HAHA wow, it's actually unbelieveble that some people actually got those tattoos. Mine is going to end awesome hopefully, but I still need more ideas.

cannonball said:

I am not one for tatoos or piercings myself

This, but I think getting a Lost Soul (for ref., I mean sprite SKULA1) could be a pretty cool tattoo. I won't even attempt to suggest where to have it though, because this sort of thing just isn't something I'd do.

j4rio said:

IDDQD on forehead and yellow ink "tattoo" to eyes.

Heh, I can't have such tattoos. My job doesn't allow me. It has to be a coverable tattoo :P

Maes said:

[same bloody pic that Maes is whoring all over the forums]

My little image tag speaks for itself.

I'd recommend maybe the SP_FACE1 texture on your arm, just for added creepiness.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to you. Bear in mind that you'll have to live with the tattoo for pretty much whole your life. My personal opinion for the coolest is the title pic personally.

That Doom 1 titlepic looks awesome but if your getting that done it will probably be very easy to make it turn out bad (i.e. very hard to replicate the awesomeness of that picture)

j4rio said:

IDDQD on forehead and yellow ink "tattoo" to eyes.

lols :p

anyway http://m.blog.hu/id/iddqd/image/zzzIDDQD.jpg

I'd go for something this colour, and not too colourful
a gray/silver/dark black etc
even just "doom" in this "font" ?
since it has anyway a meaning. so if you are meeting up with someone you want to be busted, you can turn and let him read what you are for him
brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :p

I've been perpetually designing a tattoo for myself that will be on my back, and for the longest time I've been trying to think of the perfect text for it and I've just now realized that "IDDQD" would be absolutely perfect for it. Thanks for the idea.

Upper pic is a Sticker i guess not tattoo:p
Anyways Cyberdemon,icon of sin,archvile(attacking poster),lost soul can look good i think

Nomad said:

I've been perpetually designing a tattoo for myself that will be on my back, and for the longest time I've been trying to think of the perfect text for it and I've just now realized that "IDDQD" would be absolutely perfect for it. Thanks for the idea.

post a pic once its done :)

Tattoos suck, but with that said...

The Doomguy holding his pet rabbit's head would be a more humorous one, though the very first pic of the thread is rather badass.

Remiel said:

BUT HOW WOULD YOU GET IT ANIMATED???11?

It'd be pretty darn difficult explaining that one to people who aren't part of the community, I'd imagine. Saying that, you should get it just for shits and giggles. :)

Thanks everyone for the help, either the trolls that bumped my topic, or the ones the seriously tried to help.

So far, the ideas I like the best are for the titlepics, actually...

40oz said:

the doom 2 titlepic is cooler

Yeah, I also like it better.

So, here I am asking a favor: can anyone please make a "clean" Doom II titlepic image for me? In which only the Cyberdemon and the Doomguy appear, without any background or Doom II title. I would do it myself, but I have zero Photoshop skills.

Thanks a lot in advance for anyone willing to help!

A Lost Soul tattoo would seem the lesser choice as there is already a lot of flaming skull tattoos before Doom with it's Lost Soul even existed so to a non-Doom fan it wouldn't seem like anything special.

Zahid said:

Upper pic is a Sticker i guess not tattoo:p

Tell that to my arm.

$2200, 25 hours, 5 sessions. Took me years to finally decide to do it. I was still on active Air Force orders at the time that I got it done.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/52136-d00m-box-art-tattoo-wip/

I posted the progress a few years back before. That's my old apartment, and when I was still a gym rat. I live with my fiancee now in a much nicer place that we rent together. Miss that spiral staircase though...those railings were the perfect height...for...well...there may be children present.

Not gonna lie -- at first I wanted to smack you for calling that a sticker. The glossy appearance is from the A&D ointment, which is used to keep the freshly tatted skin protected and lubed up.

Chronohunter45 said:

Tell that to my arm.

$2200, 25 hours, 5 sessions. Took me years to finally decide to do it. I was still on active Air Force orders at the time that I got it done.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/52136-d00m-box-art-tattoo-wip/

I posted the progress a few years back before. That's my old apartment, and when I was still a gym rat. I live with my fiancee now in a much nicer place that we rent together. Miss that spiral staircase though...those railings were the perfect height...for...well...there may be children present.

Not gonna lie -- at first I wanted to smack you for calling that a sticker. The glossy appearance is from the A&D ointment, which is used to keep the freshly tatted skin protected and lubed up.

Hey there!! That's very very nice, to see that you are still posting in these forums! Would you mind posting a pic of how it looks today? I'm no gym rat so I'm scared it would look loose on my skinny arm.

Regards!