Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarpetolA

A new project for GZDoom in development (POSSIBLE SEQUEL TO "THE S-PROJECT")

Hello, Doomworld! CarpetolA here.

I'm announcing a new GZDoom-project which I kicked off several days ago. First map is finished. The possibility of this being a sequel to "The S-Project" is not far from reach. I'm not sure how many maps I will make, but judging from the fact that I work slowly and occasionally get exposed to writer's block, this will take a significant amount of time. However, I'm not really comfortable with making large maps, so that would be somewhat of a compensation.

I have a few screenshots of the first map:

By the way, could those of you who have played my previous WAD (The S-Project) tell me what I should keep in mind while I'm making this? I have read a few reviews of it on idgames, but it would be great if a lot more people could give me feedback here on what I need to improve mapping-wise and so forth. Repeating mistakes is not my cup of tea, you know! =)

Thank you!

It looks fine so far, nice classic feel yet has a bit of newschool mixed in. Maybe my only advice is in the ceiling lights on Screen #3; I think you can still make that area still good with one less light and some light sector adjusting to look less cluttered. I always find it bad to have more than 2 lights 64 units apart because it feels cluttered.

I disagree about the ceiling lights. Groups of three look good :)

If I had to make a suggestion it'd be to focus more on functional height variation within scenes: ledges, walkways, gaps to walk across, etc. are always nice to have, and I think it's generally easier to make them play interestingly than flat areas.

Another suggestion: a more descriptive topic title to get more people looking at your stuff ;)

esselfortium said:

I disagree about the ceiling lights. Groups of three look good :)

If I had to make a suggestion it'd be to focus more on functional height variation within scenes: ledges, walkways, gaps to walk across, etc. are always nice to have, and I think it's generally easier to make them play interestingly than flat areas.

Another suggestion: a more descriptive topic title to get more people looking at your stuff ;)

Thanks, essel! I'll take that into account! =)