Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Doom's Belated Nonadecennial

Phobus said:

The above exchange (on the previous page) is made amusing by Scuba Steve's signature.

Sorry, but I really LOL so damned hard when I see Scuba Steve's signature... **

EDIT: "X D" is censored?!...why?

playerlin said:

EDIT: "X D" is censored?!...why?

A long time ago, one of the forumgoers was using XD everygoddamnwhere, and it was deemed annoying.

The filter is still in place despite not being that useful anymore because none of the powers that be have deemed it opportune to remove it.

It did at least once make it hard to link to a file on DRD Team file share, as the taboo sequence was part of the hash string in the URL.

Congrats to all of the winners! I was away when this was posted so it was a nice surprise to come back and see them. Now I just gotta add a bunch of these projects to my ever expanding "must play" list :P

playerlin said:

I have to say, I nearly died when I saw that.

Also, loving the filter dodge of XD there, Gez :P

Phobus said:

The above exchange (on the previous page) is made amusing by Scuba Steve's signature.

playerlin said:

Eris Falling said:

I have to say, I nearly died when I saw that.

Including signatures is optional when you make posts so although I do understand (and admittedly chuckled at) the subtle jab, it's also something that I'd honestly like to move on from and forget. I made the post shown in his signature nearly 10 years ago, not long after I signed up here at Doomworld. I reckon I was about 13 or 14 at the time and I'm nearing my mid 20s now now. Much has changed since then and I very much respect everything he's done even if what you see in his signature obviously doesn't reflect that. I honestly didn't want to make this post to begin with, but I'd also be lying if I were to say that I'm not disappointed that my appreciation for him including my project in the awards is being overshadowed by something stupid that I said many years ago.

There's no overshadowing intended -- he's just joking around. Probably wouldn't have even included the sig had I not noticed it when he was writing the review and pointed it out on IRC, so it's my fault really. Just thought the contrast was chuckle-worthy. No harm meant. :(

I guess while I'm here, I do want to officially thank kmxexii and Alfonzo for being awesome and giving the 'Wards serious justice (moreso than I did). It was fun working with these guys. :)

Xaser said:

There's no overshadowing intended -- he's just joking around. Probably wouldn't have even included the sig had I not noticed it when he was writing the review and pointed it out on IRC, so it's my fault really. Just thought the contrast was chuckle-worthy. No harm meant. :(

Nah, it's all good!

Xaser said:

I guess while I'm here, I do want to officially thank kmxexii and Alfonzo for being awesome and giving the 'Wards serious justice (moreso than I did). It was fun working with these guys. :)

Along these lines, thanks for Xaser and Alfonzo for jumping on the boat with me and for Scuba's guest article. Here's looking to next year!

Russian overkill just looks like a bunch of weapons from different games were slapped together into a single mod. Aren't there already lots of mods like that?

hardcore_gamer said:

Russian overkill just looks like a bunch of weapons from different games were slapped together into a single mod. Aren't there already lots of mods like that?

Are there? Play it and tell us. :P

Have to agree with Hardcore_gamer here. I don't see anything in that video that differentiates it from any other stupid game play mod. It's ugly and it appears to be nothing but spammy overkill.

But then again, I am not the target audience for these kinds of mods as I don't consider them to have any merit.

Well... IMHO, the fact that you don't consider gameplay modifications as something of your interest is absolutely unquestionable. However, the fact that you define them 'stupid' or 'spammy overkill' is not.

Just to say one, I have the very same feeling of yours about many total conversions (if it's not still DOOM at the core, then I'm not interested), but I always accurately avoid to call them 'stupid' or whatever, since I can see all the quality work and resources involved in them. Something that is present in a lot of gameplay modifications too - I can assure you. ;-)