Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm just replaying IDITAROD.WAD. In the text file, T.ELLIOT CANNON (MYSCHA (THE SLED DOG)) mentions his
DM wad SLEDDOG.WAD. A Google search did not find it. Does anyone, perchance, have a link to it?

I remember playing a wad that was "4 dimensional" It was in a big medieval castle and you started looking at a sort of courtyard. I remember there was a circular "tower" that you could keep going left or right longer than you'd expect, and a part in a field.

Anyone remember this map? I think it came out in 2006-ish.

gruntkiller4000 said:

Do you people know where this custom doom map can be found. I seem to have played it 3 or 4 years ago but I can't remember what it's name was. I think I have lost the file ages ago. But I do remember some parts of the map. This is what the map included:
- I think the story was about an experiment that went wrong.
- It involves major laboratory scenes as well as some outdoor too.
- It included totally different monster/weapon sprites.
- The player started (I think) inside a garage-like room then into an open yard.
- There was at some points a 3D-model Imp with no animations apart from trying to attack the player, and a 3D-model guy (I think he was red). It will explode when he touches the player.
- The sky was clear blue.
- The mod was for ZDoom.
- This also involved major ZDoom features like 3d-floors and slopes.

Could you please identify this zdoom maps because it's almost impossible for me to find one on the Internet without knowing it's name! Thanks!

I saw a wad that looks EXACTLY like that called "Thunderpeak Powerplant".

saifi said:

I saw a wad that looks EXACTLY like that called "Thunderpeak Powerplant".

No "3D-model Imp" or guy, and you start on a helipad rather than a garage. No laboratory scene that I remember, either.

NoneeLlama said:

Yeah, but it had become somewhat a cult classic. I remember hearing about this when I was a kid.

I got that from a BBS as a youngin'. I think it was one of the first mods I had installed.

DataSnake said:

Anyone know if there was actually an E5 this was taken from? I can't find it.

If you want to wade through this, then you'll get some kind of answers. But I believe the answer is that it was never finished. There was another projects with a similar name ("5th-episode-of-doom" rather than "Episode 5") that also never got released.

But someone who was actually involved in either project would be able to shed more light.

I found what I was looking for somewhat, it is REQUIEM.

However, I remember another WAD that had this giant yellow-ish moon which took up an entire portion of the sky vertically.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I remember playing a wad that was "4 dimensional" It was in a big medieval castle and you started looking at a sort of courtyard. I remember there was a circular "tower" that you could keep going left or right longer than you'd expect, and a part in a field.

Anyone remember this map? I think it came out in 2006-ish.

Eternal remembered it :) - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=2124

Anyone know what map this passage from Masters of Doom refers to?

It began in a room with a low gray ceiling but angled walls. Walking to the front right, they came to a wall with slats in it, open spaces that revealed an outdoor vista, a sky, but no apparent way to get out. Two large lights stripped the opening of a hallway. It seemed like the way to go. As one walked down the hall, the rooms opened up to a plank leading outdoors. There was a gray sky overhead. Mountains off in the distance. But as one moved, the path only led back inside, now into a room with higher walls than the first. Lights flashed from overhead as a flurry of Former Humans unleashed rounds of fire, emerging from the shadows

There's a wad I remember playing back in summer 2000 or so that I believe was titled "doomsounds.wad" or something to that effect. It had replacement music and sound effects that were taken from various sources, including movies. I remember map01's music was Hotel California, and the pistol sound was the one from PSX/N64 Doom. I believe the wad was taken from a burned disc my dad had made, in which he culled several different wads from various sources around the 'net at the time, but I have since lost that disc. I asked about this same wad almost 8 years ago with no avail, so I figured I might try again now that times have changed and there's an official request thread.

I'd like to find some of the old and moldy wads that were used to create DWANGO stuff.

In particular, DOOM_1B, URUN!, RALPHII, and other wads with multiple maps where only some parts were taken (but which aren't found on the idgames archive).

This is pure curiosity; I'm not interested in them for their gameplay.

Note: I found a DOOM_1B.ZIP on cd.textfiles; but it's not that: instead it's Doom shareware 1.2, disk 2/3.

Gez said:

In particular, DOOM_1B, URUN!, RALPHII, and other wads with multiple maps where only some parts were taken (but which aren't found on the idgames archive).

Here's RALPHII.

Gez said:

The only DOOM_IB.WAD I know of is this one (inside a zip archive named DOOM2_1B, just to confuse the issue), a Shareware Doom to Doom 2 conversion which appears on several shovelware disks. The one copy I know of on cd.textfiles.com doesn't include the author's text file, so I'll copy/paste it here for you.

|               B Y               |
                     |  RICHARD "THE DOOM GOD" REED    |
                      ---------------------------------

After playing the DOOM ][ levels and deciding that they weren't as
fun to play as the old Doom's levels...I decided to put convert the DOOM
levels into DOOM 2 levels...After having heard "I wish the SUPER SHOTGUN was
in DOOM 1" too many times I decided to put that gun on every level...It is in
place of the regular shotgun in most cases although the regular shotgun is 
still in the game...I have added it in obvious places and it will appear in 
DEATHMATCH ONLY!!!  One such location that I added the Shotgun was near the
green armour at the base of the stairs on E1M1 (MAP 1 in DOOM 2)...Not only 
does this make that level a little more fair it still keeps the regular
shotgun in the game...I have not changed any of the floor plans on the level!
The levels are the exact same as in DOOM...Although on E1M9 (Map 9 in DOOM 2)
I added a supershot gun up top and a megasphere!!! It is about time that level
is "FAIR"...PLEASE upload this to all your favorite BBS locations and try and
get it spread around the nation...It will do no one any good if we have about
300 versions of this idea floating around the BBS's...We need one Wad to be
the STANDARD...so why not let it be this one...:)

KEEPING THE DOOMER IN CHECK
                                         RICHARD "THE DOOM GOD" REED

P.S.

THANKS RICHARD DELOZIER FOR THE IDEA AND SHOWING ME THE WAY!
THANKS TO THE MAKERS OF DEU, DEU 2, and of course to ID!!!!  Thanks for making
the greatest game ever and thanks JOHN ROMERO for letting me cruise with ya
in that FINE CAR!  LOOKING FORWARD TO HERETIC AND OF COURSE QUAKE!!!!

P.S.S.

Oh yeah...and the secret level exit on map 3 doesn't take you to the secret
level...It just starts that level over again...Sorry but thems the breaks...:)
I hope you enjoy playing this WAD...DOOM with the SUPER SHOTGUN...NOT A BAD 
IDEA EH?

If someone can find this, i'd be so glad - I'm looking for a wad called hellrun.WAD, however it isn't the god-awful mapset for Doom 1, it's a single map for Doom 2.

It replaces map01 and the sky texture is a night time stars texture. You start in a room with blue rock walls.. It is most certainly called hellrun.WAD but i can't find it because of the other awful one!

If i remember correctly, the mapping was way above par for the time, too. Any ideas?

Doomkid92 said:

however it isn't the god-awful mapset for Doom 1

Ehh, what's so awful about it? I thought it was pretty damn good with the exception of the first map.

Doomkid92 said:

If someone can find this, i'd be so glad - I'm looking for a wad called hellrun.WAD, however it isn't the god-awful mapset for Doom 1, it's a single map for Doom 2.

It replaces map01 and the sky texture is a night time stars texture. You start in a room with blue rock walls.. It is most certainly called hellrun.WAD but i can't find it because of the other awful one!

If i remember correctly, the mapping was way above par for the time, too. Any ideas?

http://web.archive.org/web/20080920105038/http://www.vr21.com/doom_wall/doom_wall_01.htm

Ok, I don't have many clues to go on...but I played a co-op level as a single-player many years ago, I'd guess 96-98 timeframe. I also remember it had "logs" in the title, or something like that.

It had TONS of enemies, and TONS of ammo, so it was a non-stop frag-fest as a single player experience.

Anyone??