Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Deathwell (4 map episode)

The first word that came to mind was "sparse": this might be just me, but I reckon there should be a bit more architectural eyecandy. The yin-yang was pretty groovy though. :)

marysson said:

I can't figure out how to open the southern most door. I'm stuck.

yah, this was the problem

So much for proper playtesting. Did you play through it at least once? Yeah, a rhetorical question.

assumpion: i played it in deaf mode (no sounds),from pistol start and HMP skill level.

overall: really weird use of textures, never needed more ammo

map01: not too much to say, really easy, quoting obsidian and marysson, warped to map02. EDIT: i will replay the fixed version later.

map02: surprise baron! fun to speedrun into. much less weird textures.

map03: ranging from really good use of hitscanners to seanseless rooms full of imps: ammo is overabundant at the beginning and scarce after, the textures weirdness returned in all it's splendor.

map04: i really enjoied this one, really good gameplay. died a lot in the parts after the cyberdemon. will surely replay this one in UV later.

just finished playthrough, it's got that trademark grb/mid-90s feel. overall I thought UV was pretty easy, kinda grindy at few points, but I didn't really mind. map04 was also my favorite.

not a whole lot to look at visually, but the good choices of music were enough to keep me playing :)

Level 2, I seem stuck. I must be missing something. I got the red key but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to go.

I made each level sequentially harder. I made it for a friend who hasn't played Doom in a while. If you guys want I can amp up the difficulty for you later this week. Glad you're having fun with it.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Um, the red door?

I'm not an idiot dude, geesh. I meant I can't find anything else to do.

You should be able to go through the teleporter in the lava to go in front of the crusher in 4. I knew there would be problems related to it, but maybe there is still something I missed.