Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Nice, thanks. I renamed gordia1-2.wad to just gordia.wad to avoid the confusion on DSDA when I update the wad with more maps. New link is in the thread.
Would be cool to see map02 uv-max as well.

Ahaha, now the map is too easy! No, I didn't know I had BFG; I also must start paying attention to compatibility flags. Don't you think the map is more fun without weapon 7 though?

Yes, you're right. But the exam was designed to be played all the way through, so the maps are probably too easy if played individually. :)

Made a quick max for Bellatrix, a new map by franckFRAG that he said was somewhat inspired by my wads. Time is 1:06, also includes a 1:02 demo with 98% kills (slow monster teleporter -_-).

btrx-106.zip

Phoebe by Ameba (click on the big black button to download)
UV-Max in 10:34

This is from the latest Russian Tuning Contest where participants had to improve a computer generated map while keeping the original layout intact. Ameba made an atmospheric and excellently designed moon base, I highly recommend to check it out.

phoe1034.zip

Titania
UV-Max in 7:16

Cool map by JCD I found on the french forums. I like the part where I kill 3 chainers and 3 imps with one rocket.
btw If you register on that forum you can DL more demos for this map (max by JCD, speed by Squonk, FDAs...)

tita-716.zip

Can't Run From Evil (Part I) MAP02 UV Max in 31:43. 268 lost souls!!
Sorry for being such a DSDA trouble-maker, but:

MAP01 UV Speed demo does not play back with the current version.
The "Other" demo (failed Max attempt) does not play back with the current version. Former MAP02 is now MAP03, so, like in the case of 1994tu MAP21/22 I'd ask to move the demo to MAP03 slot with a comment "Plays back with crfe_p1_old.wad on MAP02". crfepal.wad and altpal.wad is the same file, I think.

crf2-3143.zip

Zahid said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16996
mayhem12.wad map 8 at 2:36 and map 11 at 7:19

I get this weird error message from google chrome
"Duplicate headers received from the server
The response from the server contained duplicate headers. This problem is generally the result of a misconfigured website or proxy. Only the website or proxy administrator can fix this issue.
Error 349 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION): Multiple distinct Content-Length headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response-splitting attacks."
Worked strangely in internet explorer too, but it downloaded the file
Edit - Nice runs btw, I do like the way you handled my map, rather unexpected. For the record I hate that map haha

Darkwave32 UV-Max in 28:40.

First thing's first, this wasn't entirely a serious attempt at a max. I just wanted to survive until the end so this can easily be improved.

That being said, that cybie & HK army near the end...how the hell did I not fail there? Someone likes me up there, heh.

dw322840.zip

awesome demo, I kept trying to max that map, but I couldn't manage to beat your guys' times. seems like map is completable in low 14:XX even.