Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Laimiz

zdoom demofiles

i know zdoom records lmp files. I've myself recorded my game on a pwad. How do I load the recorded lmp with the pwad i played together?

i tried: C:\doom\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file C:\doom\zdoom\kewl.lmp -file C:\doom\horror.WAD

nope didn't work...

yeah, it just opens the wad and that's all:

C:\doom\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file C:\doom\horror.WAD -file C:\doom\zdoom\kewl.lmp

not

C:\doom\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file C:\doom\horror.WAD -file C:\doom\zdoom\kewl.lmp

but

C:\doom\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file C:\doom\horror.WAD -playdemo C:\doom\zdoom\kewl

note the lack of .lmp at the end

also, the latest betas of Zdoom have a problem with demo playback (they play back at the wrong skill setting - so you demo expects items and enemies to be there, but they are not and the game desynchs). Older versions *may* require the demo to be in the zdoom directory. I know some source ports are like that. In that case, you'd have to change to your zdoom dir and type

zdoom -file c:\doom\horror.wad -playdemo kewl

I thought the demo recording forcing skill 1 bug was fixed, however, Heretic demos are still broken badly.

I'd have to check, but I *think* the save games always loading at skill 1 was fixed, but the demos always playing at skill 1 wasn't. Not even sure it has been pointed out before b33.

Yup, just checked, demos play back on easy in b33, regardless of the skill they were recorded on. To avoid desynching, the only way with b33 is to record them on easy.

No. Do this:

C:\doom\zdoom\zdoom.exe -file horror.wad -playdemo kewl.lmp

fodders said:

Do not use the .lmp at the end

um, it actually won't make a difference for zdoom even though you put .lmp at the end.

999cop said:

um, it actually won't make a difference for zdoom even though you put .lmp at the end.

Damn stupid ports :)

Hey fod PRBoom is the same way, you can actually set them up as Windows native file formats and just double click them instead of fucking with the command line. =)

Yeh mine are set to just double click, I didn't want to go into telling him how to set up "open with",then "always use this etc" as some don't get that option

fodders said:

Damn stupid ports :)

well, ye, it does matter in vanilla doom2 executive though