Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Psychosis 1024.

Did you find this map scary or creepy?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find this map scary or creepy?

• Yep.
    • Nah, not really.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h1jjx17eny91v1v

Name: Psychosis 1024
Source Port: Boom
Time taken: 3 weeks
Description: Most scary maps are made in ZDoom, right? This is my attempt at making a decent scary Boom map, complete with creepy music and DeHackEd monstrosities. No screamers though, don't worry. :)

I want to get some opinions on it before I upload it to IdGames. Thoughts?

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Thought:

createPatch: Unknown patch format FATTT0

ARGH! One moment please.

//_-

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the yellow key -.-. is this cl9? I might be playing on wrong complevel

Ribbiks said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the yellow key -.-. is this cl9? I might be playing on wrong complevel

Press the button in the key room and go back upstairs. :)

Heh, Ultima Online music. Not creepy for me, just annoying because it plays when you die in that game. :p The map was cool but when I died I didn't want to restart because that would kind of ruin the horror mood (not scary anymore if you can revive). Ammo was a bit low maybe. fda

That was an interesting map, I liked the transformations and atmosphere, the look of it reminded me of the original splatterhouse. Could have done with a bit more elbow room maybe, I find that the impact of the surroundings is depleted when you are forever bumping into them.

As far as being creepy/scary, I think anticipation and build-up plays a big part. The first room was a cool example of that, however I ended up seeing quite a lot of that first room. I started on UV and found those fast moving white things were pretty deadly, and what with the lack of ammo and health I ended up dying loads, so it soon became frustrating and familiar rather than unknown and creepy. Should have started on HMP I guess.

not as scary as unforgiving, enemys does a lot of damage, however it is a good map, you could have made the first room a lot more scary. loved the wall teared apart from one hit.

I wouldn't say it scary. I may try it at night...

But the atmosphere and the ideas are so f@ckin' awesome! I'll make a video about it as far as I can.=)