Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DiluteCo

mods (xm's, it's, mod's etc) in zdoom

I cannot find a simple and sensible answer to this question.
How the hell do you put mods into a zdoom wad, ive heard making the mod as a lump or something, but i have no clue as to how to go about doing that. I've also heard XWE but the stupid fucking 3ddownloads never works, so i cant get it. eh, help

heh

You need to rename/copy the .mod file to a .lmp file. In Wintex, if you go to the "data" section, load it there. Then rename it the Wintex entry to D_RUNNIN or whatever music you want to replace.

Lüt said:

You need to rename/copy the .mod file to a .lmp file.

actually, you don't need to do that. you can load entries as whatever.ext.

deathwarrior said:

actually, you don't need to do that.

Well, you do for WinTex, dunno about any other lump editors.

Lüt said:

Well, you do for WinTex, dunno about any other lump editors.

not true. try loading a file as something.mod (even though it only displays .lmp), it'll work.

Using Wintex, open your wad. Click the Data button. Go to edit, load entry from file, type the name colormap. Display all files. Select your .mod file, renaming not needed. Now, go to guru only, rename entry, name it d_runnin unless it's for a map other than map01 or unless you've specified a music name in mapinfo (a text data lump in the wad). Exit Wintex, which saves. Zdoom should play your mod music.

On Zdoom tutorial, it says that I can put an option so the music start a 1:30 minutes of the mod lenght. But I'm wondering, if I want to play just the first 1:30 mins in loop, and at a certain event, play from 1:30 mins to another point of the song.

Is it possible to put a time to where the mod must loop in the middle of a song? On the tutorial, it says that it's possible to make a pattern from the song to start. But is it possible to make a pattern which the song start and ends ?

DiluteCo said:

I cannot find a simple and sensible answer to this question.
How the hell do you put mods into a zdoom wad,

DeePsea imports/merges MODS (or any other lump) into a WAD without having to rename the lump or worry about the format. F7, Import/Merge, Select the target (your PWAD), select the MOD files and press Save. Done!

If the lump name is not the one you want, just rename it then and there before pressing save. This is fully functional with no limits in the shareware version 11.6 sbsoftware.com (version at DW is old).

Darkstalker: I'm a little rusty with MODs, but there's a hex control code (0D if I remember correctly) that make the MOD jump back to a certain block within itself, just use (For the last 4 characters of all that gibberish after the note in your MOD editor) 0Dxx at the end of your last block, where xx is the blocknumber minus one, where you want it to leap to.
It may actually be a different code, but I'm hella rusty - I haven't editied MODs for about four years.