Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

For those of you who like to draw (like me) :p

If you draw the kinds of pictures like me, where you draw violent stuff like people (or in my case Lizards 'cause I like drawing Lizards) shooting each other and people see it, what would their reactions be? When people see my pictures, they'd either say, "Wow, cool pictures!" Or some idiots would say either "Holy shit, I hope you don't bring any guns to school" or "If you try and start something like Columbine, please spare me!" I try and explain that these are little cartoon Lizards and that their just ideas for video games. When I do explain to them, they'd still rant about how people like me are going to shoot up the school. Anyone else want to tell me their stories of how people judge you by your pictures?

In school once I drew a fat evil clown with a machine gun. My teacher thought it was funny.

I've drawn Spiderman, wanna see? (if you can let me borrow your scanner if you have one, that is)

Haven't experienced any such reactions no.
But maybe because I only show my violent drawings to people whom I'm confident wouldn't react in a negative fashion.
Fortunately, in my school time (corresponding to British Primary and Secondary schools...I think) most of my classmates saw stuff like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street, so when I did a violent drawing during recess, they'd typically comment on how cool it was.

Always made sure that my teachers wouldn't get to see the blood-dripping ones - but I once did a creative project about war in which I made drawings of soldiers and tanks in a warzone. I was careful not to make it bloody and only made soldiers "drop" without any gore.
My teacher (and classmates) just commented on how well-done my pictures were.

But my dad once complained about how "ridiculous" and "brain-dead" my drawings were when I drew the monsters in the Doom 2 ending scene off the screen (where you see a complete "list" of all the monsters) - I was drawing the lost soul when my dad suddenly came in, gave my drawing a brief look and started complaining about how I ought to be doing some more serious pictures instead of this trash and how I was "wasting my life", blah.

Well let's see what kind of stuff I draw...ok there are corrupted angels, lovecraftian creatures, demons, Hell panoramics, technoflesh horrors, blood soaked warriors, military purpose robots and anti-heros.

No one ever said anything about them here. That's just US's paranoia.

I used to draw pictures of cute little soilders on one page in my chemistry sheets, then next page I would draw a landmine, and on the next page...

I diliberately did a lot of drawings to piss people off. Liek this Mrs Friedberg lunatic, totally catholic, never owned a TV in her life... she wanted me committed. And my old art teacher wanted me psychoanaliysied.

Heh.

Oh yeah, there was a period where I'd draw all these cute divers under the water.......and then I'd draw a big, mean looking white shark, eating divers >:-]
That was after I had seen Jaws and Jaws II.

At my last job, i had the fun little habit of utilising my spare time to scrawl slipknot or NIN lyrics, surrounded by corpses with their eyes sewn shut, and leaving them in random places round the office. I managed to freak a few of the staff out, and when the rumour came out that i was a sadistic devil worshipping vampire, it got even more fun.
Saying, or performing (drawing) something really contraversial allows you to find out lot about the person based on their reaction.

A little while ago I opened up a box with all my old elementry school work in it. I looked through all my journals from grade 1-5 and about 80% of the entries were about violent video games I wanted to make, then I would have pictures of demons getting spears through their heads. Nobody ever came up to me and said they thought I was fucked up, the teacher would look at in journal and write some lil' note saying something like, "Good Job. Looks fun!"
I finally got in trouble when I was in grade 7 after drawing some cute Pokémon picture but it happened to say, "have a bad day" on it.
It's retarded how something like that could be the straw that broke the camels back, but I was demanded to take counciling never-the-less.

For my final project in art next year I'm doing the goatse man. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I used to draw a lot. Then during my Freshman year of high school, I took a drawing class. Haven't drawn a thing since. Is it a law that art teachers have to be assholes?

Even when I try something to draw something that exists, it ends up like total garbage. I totally lack artistic talent. I would post a link to one of my drawing, but that would make me lose all the respect (if I even have some...) of everyone.

I'm ok at drawing things, i can do people from photographs (because i doubt anyone would want to sit there for the time it takes me to finish them!) As a kid, i always drew little stickmen soldiers getting hit by rockets. Other than that, i used to draw birds (I was actually really good at it for a kid,) and i drew Piglet for all the girlies.

I can only remember one drawing that got me flamed: In grade one i traced a picture from a Far Side cartoon that showed a chicken taking off his dog disguise in front of a dinner table, the caption read "And guess where your little Fifi is now?" I thought it was hilarious, and i guess that's why my teacher said i had a "strange" sense of humour....but it was Far Side! Lots of people who are perfectly sane like it, oh well...My art teacher this year is really nice, and laughs at just about anything. She even showed me a pic someone drew with a guy who had a blunt in his mouth, and he got "Happy, happier, happiest" in the three frames.

IMJack said:

I used to draw a lot. Then during my Freshman year of high school, I took a drawing class. Haven't drawn a thing since. Is it a law that art teachers have to be assholes?

Nah, my art teache was a hippie, and she showed us a pic of her in high school GOD DAMN WAS SHE HOT!!!! Now she's like 55 and looks bad.

orion said:

For my final project in art next year I'm doing the goatse man. I'll let you all know how it goes.

As long as you don't post a link to it!

Is it a law that art teachers have to be assholes?

Hm, not quite although I will admit that my "high school" art teacher gave me a lower grade than I deserved, never understood what was up with that.
Why was your art teacher an arsehole?

can only remember one drawing that got me flamed: In grade one i traced a picture from a Far Side cartoon that showed a chicken taking off his dog disguise in front of a dinner table, the caption read "And guess where your little Fifi is now?" I thought it was hilarious, and i guess that's why my teacher said i had a "strange" sense of humour....but it was Far Side! Lots of people who are perfectly sane like it

Far Side cartoons rock! I have this 10th Anneversary book in which there's a section about "stimulus response" - reader reactions to some of the cartoons.
Gawd, some people in the USA are really fucked up or have absofuckinglutely NO sense of humour, considering how easily they're offended by a cartoon.
Ex. the "Teathercat" cartoon: A cartoon showing two dogs batting around a cat tied up in a pole. Animal loving people wrote in and complained that it was "in poor taste" and how much they were offended, blah. And these people don't even complain about Tom & Jerry? Stupidity cannot be concealed, tsk.

A cartoon would have to be REALLY blood-drippingly grotesque to provoke such reactions in my country.

Coopersville said:

A little while ago I opened up a box with all my old elementry school work in it. I looked through all my journals from grade 1-5 and about 80% of the entries were about violent video games I wanted to make, then I would have pictures of demons getting spears through their heads. Nobody ever came up to me and said they thought I was fucked up, the teacher would look at in journal and write some lil' note saying something like, "Good Job. Looks fun!"
I finally got in trouble when I was in grade 7 after drawing some cute Pokémon picture but it happened to say, "have a bad day" on it.
It's retarded how something like that could be the straw that broke the camels back, but I was demanded to take counciling never-the-less.

Heh, that's what happened to one of my friends back in 6th grade. He was drawing some pokemon, while I drew some World War II scene with stick figures. (I think the scene looked alot like the Normandy Assault.) Anyways, she walked over by the two of us, and I saw a hand. I thought she was going to take my paper away, but instead, she took away my friend's paper. It was pretty funny to see my teacher take away some picture with a pokemon instead of my violent picture... At least he didn't have to see a councelor.

TheHighestTree said:

She even showed me a pic someone drew with a guy who had a blunt in his mouth, and he got "Happy, happier, happiest" in the three frames.

:)- <= HAPPY

¦)-! <= HAPPIER

¦]-~ <= HAPPIEST

Why was your art teacher an arsehole?

God, let me count the resons.

1) He could not draw.
2) He sent a letter home to my parents at half term saying he fully expected me to fail my final exam.
3) I passed wy final exam with a B+, half a mark away from A. The highestr mark in the class.
4) He lost my submissions for the exhibition.
5) He constantly interfered with my work, adding constant 'improvements' to my design.
6) He wrote that I was disruptive and "ecentric" on my school report card, landing me in endless shit with school concillers who were under the impression that I had mental problems when i was in fact just taking the piss out of them.

eg.
counciler - "Have you got any problems at home chris?"
Me - "Yes. My dog just died, my mum is a junky and my dad left home. And he molested me. And I'm gay."
Counciller - "Oh you poor soul. Take a month off in compassionate leave."
Me - "Thank you."

7) His big bloated bald head contantly distracted me.
8) He was a dick.

Darknation - i think i was taught by the female equivelant of your teacher...

Hmmph, I only had Drawing the first six or seven years of school. Bitch wouldn't let me use shades. I MEAN C'MON NO COLOR SHADING GET IT!?!?

I draw tons of stuff, demons, mutants, mutilated bodies (both human/non-human), DemonSlayers, angels, angels being mutilated, symbols, Greek/Roman mythological creatures, etc. I have one drawing that is really weird, it's this huge demon that had it's insides hollowed out and fashioned into rooms, hallways, etc. It had a metalic thing covering it's eyes and several hooks holding it's mouth open so it could be used as a door. One arm had been severed at the wrist so a sythe-like blade could be fitted on, the other arm had a bi-cannon and the backside of the hand. It's left leg was completely mechanical and had the foot of the creature crafted onto the bottom. The other leg was biomechanical, both living and mech. Truely disturbing looking.

darknation said:

God, let me count the resons.

[dn's reasons for his teacher being a "social loser"]

Hm, right now I feel like checking what your teacher's blood looks like. That man should never have been allowed inside your school and definitely not as a teacher!

Anyway, I was actually directing my question at IMJack, but I ought to have directly asked both you and him anyway, so thx for answering.

I gotta say that I've been pretty lucky with my art teachers - they were a little weird, but not a bunch o' losers who would give you bad grades because they didn't like you (at least I don't think so).

school concillers who were under the impression that I had mental problems

Pffffft. Everyone knows anyone who chooses the art course over music is a freak and whoever chooses music over art is a geek.
What label do you perferr?

Coopersville said:

Pffffft. Everyone knows anyone who chooses the art course over music is a freak and whoever chooses music over art is a geek.
What label do you perferr?

Well, that fits me perfectly since my title was "Intolerant freak" before I got Mod status.
Not sure about the other "art people" here - you might just have pissed them off.
Consider yourself warned.

My psychology book had a picture of a baby walking on a field and I drew a sign saying "Danger, mines" behind him. Har har har.