Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

ok!

*link removed*

- fixed alignments, HOMs, etc
- made the final room slightly less ugly
- 500 or so revenants have been invited to the final party

unless some serious bugs are uncovered this is the last time I intend to touch the map.

edit: spoke too soon

Seems like nothing happens when you press the last upper switch behind spamFG. Am I doing something wrong?

heh wow I guess that qualifies as a serious bug (sorry TOD if you started compiling already -.-). yeah I broke the voodoo doll room inadvertently in a last minute edit. So this is the super true deluxe final version of final-ness!

Anathema v7.1

btw thanks for the serious amount of testing and feedback for the various versions of this map

various commentary etc:

map02: I like the edits made for the last areas

map03: there's a weird visual thing going on with the diagonal woodf texture:

what it's supposed to look like
how it appears in sf2012a.wad

map07: contains modified iwad content (erm, the entirety of 'dead simple'), isn't that a big no no?

map11: same concern as ^^

map15: hah, loving the edits made to this, especially the music.

map21: midi is really quiet, not a huge deal though

maps 04, 07, 19, 23, 28: no music? (I know for your maps it was intentional)

Overall a solid collection of maps I think.

Right reply to the points made by ribbiks
Map02 thanks :)
Map03, this is not the only problem, did you try to do a deep water effect in the water area beneath the chaingunner platforms. It hasn't worked out to well in pr-boom, lots of homs. And same problem with the wood texture.
Map07/11 I think it's ok, I would be surprised about map07 considering the map author to make a goof up like that.
Map15 lols
Map07 I think just uses the default music (d_shawn)
Map28 uses the music track from map31 that was phml's intention so just use that track.
Find music for map04 pretty much

cannonball said:

did you try to do a deep water effect in the water area beneath the chaingunner platforms. It hasn't worked out to well in pr-boom, lots of homs.

opengl for life.

I'm not too much into slaughtermaps but I'll give it a try now that it's ready. I assume pistol start on every map is the way to go?

Ribbiks said:

opengl for life.

Yeah that did the trick :P I only ever use gl-boom for recording demos as in for youtube. I always use pr-boom for everything else, for some reason it loads slowly on my laptop.

Uhh, I was sure slaughtenstein has only one exit. I checked for all linedefs triggering exit and 20% damaging sector. For some reason I forgot Romero head... whoops.

So as it is now, there is one tiny room with crushers leading to secret exit that serves no purpose. It could be altered to be mandatory to visit with exit revealing switch, so that room wouldn't be purposeless.

Also, map 25 has some black textures in opengl right in front of starting position. Same black textures like that are on lifts with cybers in map 15.

Also, musinfo.

Ribbiks said:

map07: contains modified iwad content (erm, the entirety of 'dead simple'), isn't that a big no no?

Not much to do about that by now, I suppose.

Ribbiks said:

maps 04, 07, 19, 23, 28: no music? (I know for your maps it was intentional)

Also 31 and 32. With gggmork's midi surplus, I wonder why he didn't insert any to his wad. 32 would benefit from some spooky midi as well (silent hill is horroresque, right?)

On an unrelated note, I found this few pages back.

Island of Mystery - Map plays entirely fine, but while tinkering with it a bit, I noticed that there is a very obvious fastest and downright uninteresting uvmax route which would make maxing this map a huge luckbased bore. Simply pick all guns at start, make cybs infight and run off to revs/archviles part - when you're done with it and get back, infight should be over and how much stuff died off depends on luck. There really should be something done about this. I'd put stationary baron between blocky lines somewhere close to the entrance outside (far enough to not infight with cybs easily, close enough to make trying to take him out head-on suicidal). I hope this makes some sense.

I'm never sure if something I brought up is eventually forgotten about or disregarded as something unwanted to implement... so I end up repeating myself to an eternity, hah.

j4rio said:

Island of Mystery -

ooh yeah! I did want to implement that idea, but forgot to do so. I'll upload an updated version of map03 with that + archi's deep water fix.

I also found some missing textures in map17, so I'll post a corrected version of that as well.

Thanks for the bug reports. Could you guys give me the names of the textures/flats that are having problems?

j4rio, I don't think we need musinfo because I just replaced the title, intermission, and victory music with the music for maps 33-35.

TimeOfDeath said:

Thanks for the bug reports. Could you guys give me the names of the textures/flats that are having problems?

j4rio, I don't think we need musinfo because I just replaced the title, intermission, and victory music with the music for maps 33-35.

qwswamp1

TimeOfDeath said:

Yeah, I noticed. I think it's silly. :p

At least 34 should really get musinfo (33 doesn't matter) because it's hilariously unfitting with title screen. 35, well, the intermission midi you added there might work, but it will loop hundreds of times in map 35. I don't think that's a good thing. If you don't want to add musinfo to 35 because I assume it would require breaking demo compatibility, try finding something that would suit both intermission and map 35. Yup, I admit it'll probably be difficult to find something like that, but let's not halfass it out of the way. The other song from wolf kraft (this) might work, idk.

Also, interpic with scenery from sf11? Naw, that needs change definitely.

Thanks, qwswamp1 and woodf3 have been fixed.

j4rio, I don't think there's such a thing as unfitting music. Plus, the title screen only lasts for like 10 seconds. But I added musinfo to map34 for Version B. If you don't like map35 music then don't listen to it. :)

TimeOfDeath said:

j4rio, I don't think there's such a thing as unfitting music. Plus, the title screen only lasts for like 10 seconds. But I added musinfo to map34 for Version B. If you don't like map35 music then don't listen to it. :)

It's not a question of good/bad or like/dislike. If it's few seconds long and map takes roughly hour to finish, it would get irritating in any case.

Yeah, I guess I haven't reached your level of openmindedness in terms of music. Midi used last year for titlepic seems vastly superior to me in terms of fittingness.

Fantastic work from everybody involved. Having a lot of fun wading through the maps. A few observations:

Map04 doesn't seem to have a red skull key unless i'm missing something obvious.

Also, is Map15 supposed to have that pink bfg in the corner of the pain elemental room? It appears before you get an actual bfg or plasma rifle.

oh, hi :)

koren said:

Map04 doesn't seem to have a red skull key unless i'm missing something obvious.

I didn't test map 4 that much because I was hoping it'd be replaced by GoS map. It doesn't have particularly tweaked gameplay and bugs may be present.

koren said:

Also, is Map15 supposed to have that pink bfg in the corner of the pain elemental room? It appears before you get an actual bfg or plasma rifle.

Whoops, lol.

@ToD
Change chainsaw in map 15 to armor bonus or something.

Also, kyka may finish revising map 7 until end of month. You can edit map 7 name to "simply dead".

Did a real quick noclip through my map in Zandronum to see all the changes made and noticed this minor visual error:

http://i.imgur.com/SMaPLVF.png

I'd like to thank whoever revamped the map since my version was kinda mediocre, and the new graphical additions look nice.

Not sure if someone already mentioned these if anyone cares:
2012a version:
map 3: jump in water leftish of start below chaingunners- watery homs down there

map13: under blue armor at start, you can see a super shotgun and stuff below the floor. My guess is lower the floor more to not see it. also homs on floor at bfg.