Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Mad Butcher said:

Thank you so much! This was one of my first PWADS ever.

Ehh, what's so awful about it? I thought it was pretty damn good with the exception of the first map.

Well, Not awful I suppose, but nothing memorable and some pretty repulsive texture picks and design choices. Just not my cup of tea :)

Hey guys,

I saw a mod on youtube ages ago, it looked like a swarm or invasion style thing. It had quite a lot of new weapons but it also had lots of new MP skins (duke nukem, caleb, stormtroopers etc). Any ideas?
Also as an aside any recommendations for any particular level editors? I'm fairly used to UnrealED and Worldcraft.

I'm looking for doom93.wad, the sound replacement thing leilol made when Romero posted the Visit to id video and also the E1M1 recreation Nes did.

survival Horror.
Map is huge.
Different themed areas.
Hub is a house.
Many enemies
Silent Hill like.
In the end you go down a bunch of stairs and see yourself.

Also does anyone know if jewwarios invasion maps are still around.
If I am correct he really made some cool maps.

Thorgrim103 said:

survival Horror.
Map is huge.
Different themed areas.
Hub is a house.
Many enemies
Silent Hill like.
In the end you go down a bunch of stairs and see yourself.

Unloved, maybe? I haven't finished it so I can't confirm if that's the ending.

yeah I think that is it Thanks. Also there's a realistic map that came out around the same time. It's far brighter the halocaus and has houses.
Not sure what it was called.

Looking for a weapon mod which a few weapons includes the Tommy Gun, a set of four elemental rings, a Blood Orb you can punch at the enemy, a few overpowered BFGs.

There was a wad I remember being reviewed on newstuff a few years ago that was basically just a dehacked patch that made bullet puffs and dying monsters into rocket explosions, which made rather ordinary fights really dangerous.

I found "boom doom" by cutmanmike while searching the archives for it but it also makes the guns shoot really fast too, so I'm not sure that was it.

40oz said:

There was a wad I remember being reviewed on newstuff a few years ago that was basically just a dehacked patch that made bullet puffs and dying monsters into rocket explosions, which made rather ordinary fights really dangerous.

Sounds like Independence Doom.

Is there a wad that is basically one room with all iwad textures and flats used? I need it because after adding new resources to my wad I noticed that they replaced some of the original textures and flats. I want to track them down.

Edit: It actually was Survive in Hell. I didn't realize that there were two Minecraft levels in that wad...and I was thinking of the secret one.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a Doom 2 wads I used to deathmatch on back in the 90s.

This map was a large, grassy courtyard with a complex building in the center (more like a factory than a castle).

At each corner of the courtyard was a large box, big enough to enter. The box worked like a two-way mirror. You could see out, but they couldn't see in. So you'd go in there, grab a weapon, then wait for someone else to nervously wander up and get close enough to blast.

Here's a stunning recreation:

The map was big. I remember the readme recommended at least four players, but we played it with two just fine. The long stretches of courtyard made for awesome rocket launcher fights. I never forgot this map, but I just can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed there was an "official" thread for this sort of thing. :)

There are a couple maps I used to have in my collection that I can not find for the life of me. If memory serves correctly they were both designed for BOOM within the past 2 or 3 years, and they worked on anything with BOOM support.

Both were pretty large in size. I recall the one starting out on a winding road which was over run with the Pink Demons. The road ran through a mountain, and I recall you could enter into the dark tunnel and it would lead you up to the next layer of the road where you could look down and see the street you were just on.

That's about all I can recall about the first map, except that it was very well polished up, the roads looked great, and I think there were fences along side the road to keep you from jumping off.

The second WAD I am thinking about was very open ended. I think I began inside a building, but soon went outside to the city streets.
One of the buildings would lead to a large body of water when you cam out the other side, and I recall looking off to the distance and seeing a functional Light House.

With such a brief description, does either of these WADs ring a bell?

Well, the first one sounds vaguely like the first map from Deus Vult II, but I'm not sure about the second one. Hopefully someone finds the answer.

Snakes: Man that's huge!!! :)

EDIT: That was it, well what do ya know?!?! Thanks!!!!

Processingcontrol: Bingo!

Man you guys are good! :)

This one's for archivists. I'm looking for Tomi Rajala's unfinished "Back to Hell". He apparently published a seven-map demo at some point which Colin Phipps reviewed on his site; I'd like to get my hands on it, if not a more recent build. Also, if anyone has any more detailed info on it, that would be super. I get the feeling that it was a megaWAD in the works that kind of stalled out.

I have that file. Given that it had "you may distribute" in the text-file, I uploaded it to the archive. It should be in /newstuff before too long.

Grazza said:

I have that file. Given that it had "you may distribute" in the text-file, I uploaded it to the archive. It should be in /newstuff before too long.

Many thanks!

Does anyone remember where this map (not the gameplay mod) came from? I remember downloading it a few years back off of Doomworld, and it came with a readme something along the lines of "you wake up at your desk and notice your teacher/professor is an imp..."

It was kind of a neat map. I liked the Spider Mastermind that lurked outside the building.

Never mind, didn't realize IdGames had a university theme tag.

I had a wad a while back that had the Doomguy making comments, such as "That was left handed" after a kill, etc. I probably still have it somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me.

I am looking for one (or more) wads that I have lost about 15 years ago. If I remember correctly it was a compilation of DWANGO DM maps.
I remember for sure that the music "was head like a hole" and "something you can never get" by NIN
Does anyone know which one I am talking about? A link would be great ; )

If you go here, you'll see the most exhaustive, though not yet complete, listing of DWANGO levels with their associated soundtracks. "Head like a hole" for example is used in #1dwango, azdwango, dcdwango, dwango5, dwango6, dwango8, dwango10, and dwango11. "Something I can never have" is used on #1dwango, dwango5, and lbdwango.

So what you're talking about is probably dwango5, or possibly #1dwango.

Gez said:

So what you're talking about is probably dwango5, or possibly #1dwango.

Thanks ! It is #1dwango ; )