Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

Scypek2 said:

I think something's wrong with your religion. Here, you actually MUST play doom to be purified from anything.

Now, start the actual confession. Remember, when you eventually go to hell, your initial weapon set will depend of that!

Have a nice day!
the 3rd of the top sinners,
Scypek

WHAT? Are you insulting me? How dare you? I've gave you no reasons for that, leave my religion alone, it's NOT your concern!

"MUST play doom to be purified from anything" What a ridiculous nonsense! Doom is impure, I confess, IMPURE! If I want to be purified that's my concern, how I want to be purified is also my concern, NOT yours. "When I go to hell" you say, TO HELL?!!! If this thread was made for insults I would really recommend Doomworld to delete it, this is just an entertainment site, not a place for insults. ENOUGH!

doomdaniel95 said:

I think he was kidding...

I find that just a little hard to believe considering their join date.

MarkAnthony89 said:

WHAT? Are you insulting me? How dare you? I've gave you no reasons for that, leave my religion alone, it's NOT your concern!

"MUST play doom to be purified from anything" What a ridiculous nonsense! Doom is impure, I confess, IMPURE! If I want to be purified that's my concern, how I want to be purified is also my concern, NOT yours. "When I go to hell" you say, TO HELL?!!! If this thread was made for insults I would really recommend Doomworld to delete it, this is just an entertainment site, not a place for insults. ENOUGH!

I'm not being funny here, but your posts are so weird they are tantamount to spam. The other chap was making a joke, not insulting you.

More confessions of a more positive nature:

I wrote a Warhammer story called Anointed in Blood which is also inspired by the Unholy Cathedral map. http://www.imperial-literature.net/archives/1114 (Don't know how to make the link into text)

The story is old and needs a small amount of re-working. While I strongly dislike the gameplay of that Doom map (each to his own I suppose), the atmosphere is brilliant and it does manage to convey that rare thing - the sense of location. There are so many potential stories to be told.

I'm working on a sequel which is actually called Unholy Cathedral.

Did he thought for some reason that my response to his joke was serious...
Or was his latest post just another example of his seemingly strange sense of humour...
Or was he actually serious in the first place and thinks that playing doom is a sin of some sort?!
Either way, MarkAnthony is weird.

The One That Turns Whole 31-page Thread Into Spamthread With a Single Post
Scypek

Scypek2 said:

Or, simply religious.

The One That Turns Whole 31-page Thread Into Spamthread With a Single Post
Scypek

And the one who dreams with barking textures! :D

Scypek2 said:

Did he thought for some reason that my response to his joke was serious...
Or was his latest post just another example of his seemingly strange sense of humour...
Or was he actually serious in the first place and thinks that playing doom is a sin of some sort?!

Well I was serious, I know you were just joking with me but you mentioned that there was something wrong with my religion and then I felt insulted, Ok, I think I've exceeded myself on that post, either way I felt insulted but that's ok I know it was just a joke from you.

No bad feelings now.

I have completed all doom games except doom 64 (which is a bitch to do), final doom for PC (PlayStation done on UV) and master levels as the Xbox port for that was bugged and would restart at the end, effectively breaking the game if a save file was made... I also prefer ZDoom to all other source ports D:

MarkAnthony89 said:

Well I was serious, I know you were just joking with me but you mentioned that there was something wrong with my religion and then I felt insulted, Ok, I think I've exceeded myself on that post, either way I felt insulted but that's ok I know it was just a joke from you.

No bad feelings now.

Just put it the way Doom level designer Sandy Petersen put it: It's just a 'cartoon,' and the demons are the bad guys. Petersen is Mormon, by the way.

Enzo03 said:

Just put it the way Doom level designer Sandy Petersen put it: It's just a 'cartoon,' and the demons are the bad guys. Petersen is Mormon, by the way.

Hitler was Catholic.

Mormons are part of a cult and not a religion contrary to their claims.
Hitler's religion was a weird mix of mysticism, paganism and collectivism.

_bruce_ said:

Mormons are part of a cult and not a religion contrary to their claims.
Hitler's religion was a weird mix of mysticism, paganism and collectivism.

You've been playing too much Wolfenstein! Hitler couldn't give a shit about mysticism as such; it was Himmler who had an obsession with the occult and the supernatural, going so far as to create all sorts of rituals for the SS. Hitler, aside from his belief in the 'Aryan Superman' and the like, generally disregarded such ludicrous things as 'nonsense'.

...and just how the fuck did this topic get so sidetracked?

BaronOfStuff said:

You've been playing too much Wolfenstein! Hitler couldn't give a shit about mysticism as such; it was Himmler who had an obsession with the occult and the supernatural, going so far as to create all sorts of rituals for the SS. Hitler, aside from his belief in the 'Aryan Superman' and the like, generally disregarded such ludicrous things as 'nonsense'.

Strongly disagree - the cut from the supernatural was a gimmick and to lend him credibility regarding the general public.
That Himmler bullshit is starting to get old.

BaronOfStuff said:

Sometimes people have to confess not only their Doom regrettions, but also their out-of-Doom sins.

OK. Now, to be on topic again, I didn't know about the E4M9 level for quite a long period of time (at least I wouldn't have been there). Since I've started looking for secret exit clues from E4M3 on, it was stunting to see the level being accessible from Perfect Hatred.

Back on topic, I guess?

I like Doom E1M2, E1M3, E1M5, and to a certain extent, E1M7 better than any other maps I've played even though they're not really hard enough.

I don't like D_E1M1 or D_E1M4. I do like D_RUNNIN though.

I think some Doom 2 maps are pretty

I have about a 275 MB directory of unfinished maps, most of which are less than 3 sectors.

When I first found the extra secrets in the wolf3d maps I thought I missed something and went back and tried to find them in Wolf3d.

In my first wad I tried to put a gigantic Blake Stone easter egg in a secret for no apparent reason.

I enjoy playing through very bad wads at times, and beginner wads, sometimes there are interesting ideas in them.

Avoozl said:

I don't like D_RUNNIN because it almost sounds like parlour music. :P

The ones I really hate are D_COUNT, D_DDTBLU and D_AMPIE. In the beginning, I simply couldn't stand them, but when I've started downloading and playing PWADS, I've noticed that several wads didn't overwrite the music for these maps at all, even if did for the rest, and thus my hatred burns like a thousand of Suns towards these OGST.
Also, extra dislike for the one mentioned, along with those 1-map WADs that could be made well, but that damn D_RUNNIN not being overwritten.

cq75 said:

I don't like D_E1M1

D:

That music is Doom to me. I use it as the ringtone on my phone. I kind of want to learn to map so I can make a megawad and use D_E1M1 for every level. I want to make it a zdoom megawad so I can make more than 32 maps that use it.

I know that feel, bro. I'm still playing through both Doom and Doom II's default levels.

I *do* like D_RUNNIN, but most of Doom II's soundtrack is especially boring for me. I liked Doom's metal tracks the most, including D_E1M1.
My favorite Doom track is D_E2M1. They all sound amazing using the Siverspring 1.5 soundfont.

Enzo03 said:

My favorite Doom track is D_E2M1.

Seconded! I like all the moody songs (D_E1M4, D_E2M1, D_E2M9, etc.), excluding DDTBLU, because it's rather forced or howtosayit.