Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
45th Parrallel

Doomworld Team map making project

Cool, I've drawn MAP01! Also, I'm going to go play Castle Doom :-)

Marysson, I suggest we start working on our theme, mapflow and concept over PM's. I'll have a think to see what I can come up with.

@sgt dopey: This doesn't affect us since we're map one but you might want to define at what maps the theme changes. Unless they're all in Hell since they don't go past MAP08? If everyone is up for it you could always draw names a second time to fill slots 9 - 16.

purist said:

Cool, I've drawn MAP01! Also, I'm going to go play Castle Doom :-)

Marysson, I suggest we start working on our theme, mapflow and concept over PM's. I'll have a think to see what I can come up with.

@sgt dopey: This doesn't affect us since we're map one but you might want to define at what maps the theme changes. Unless they're all in Hell since they don't go past MAP08? If everyone is up for it you could always draw names a second time to fill slots 9 - 16.

Sweet, Map 01. :)

Let's get this started. :)

purist said:

@sgt dopey:[/b] This doesn't affect us since we're map one but you might want to define at what maps the theme changes. Unless they're all in Hell since they don't go past MAP08? If everyone is up for it you could always draw names a second time to fill slots 9 - 16.

That is a good idea after we finish this part I will draw names a second time and then a third time to do the last 2 episodes if everyones up for it

It's a workable idea for me! Egregor and I have mostly just been chatting about ideas so far - we'd assumed that the map range was going to be compressed, so we'd been working out an industrial/techbase map (leading from the first to the second). I think 3 maps each would work nicely actually, as we could change teams for each theme and get a really good and varied experience both for us and the player :)

A screenie of the map Sgt Dopey and I are working on:

I'm doing the decorating. =D Ph33r teh eveil floating cubes!

Bad news team(s)! Egregor has informed that he's got to drop out due to other commitments, so MAP06 is currently just me on my own. We hadn't actually put any mapping in place yet, so it's not a loss in that sense, but it does mean we're down to 7 pairs and an odd-one-out. What shall we do?

Same new as Phobus in relation to glenzinho, I have part of a map made between the two of us, so I suppose we could pair up phobus

Phobus said:

That would be a workable solution :)

Excellent then that is settled :) I shall pm you the map as it is at the moment.

Sorry to hear a couple guys had to leave, but glad that Phobus and Cannonball have joined forces. Does that mean you'll do two maps? Will the map order change if not?

I'm happy to report that me and PhantomTMac are going strong. Our map is now over 1,000 sectors and 253 monsters, with lots of heavies. I'm hoping for well over 300 monsters by the time it's done. At the very least, we can promise a lot of carnage . . . :D

The map I have from cannonball is currently in MAP02, so we may as well stick to that, unless cannonball wants to up the difficulty to a MAP05 level?

Phobus said:

The map I have from cannonball is currently in MAP02, so we may as well stick to that, unless cannonball wants to up the difficulty to a MAP05 level?

I really don't mind to be honest

Pottus said:

Still have some slots available for this ?

You can still sign up but until someone else decides to join you won't be able to make a map. Also mappers check your slots again as they have been changed a bit.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at this if you don't mind taking on someone who's never released a map before. I won't be insulted if you don't want to though.

Great, thanks. To be clear, map08 would still be a hell map, right?

I guess my question is are we assuming a full 32 map megawad or does the progression apply to whatever map slots we have filled?

In any case, I'm looking forward to working on this!

I think deimosoft asked a very pertinent question.

My original understanding of the project was that there'd be 8 maps in reverse Doom 2 progression -- Hell, City, Techbase. PhantomTMac and I started very rapidly on that assumption. We now have 1,200 sectors (and growing) of Technase, and we ain't a-gonna change now. We might use the 666 and 667 sector tags, too. Not sure yet.

We had already gotten far along with work by the time purist asked about doing 2 more episodes. Nothing was mentioned at the start about doing a megawad with only 8 teams. So if a decision was made that the entire first run of 8 maps is a Hell episode, that's no biggie to us. We're pretty fast. ;D But it would be nice to know, fer sure, what the plan is right now. Because if the whole first episode is Hell, the whole second episode is City, and the whole third is Techbase, then the Phantom and I are about 80% finished with our Episode 3 map! :D

I guarantee we will have no problem producing a map of the correct type in time for whenever testing begins.

I'd love to have a hand in this, been bursting at the seams with some SP and Coop ideas lately. If I'm not too late to the party that is!

Examples of my maps:
http://www.mediafire.com/?952xnglpsppt61a
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjdidnvqhitbg7a (slightly newer)

A question: Which maps signify the 'border' between Hell, City and Tech? As in, which map will be the last hellish map, then the last city map?

Either way if you want to take me on board I'm happy to be a part of this project. :)

@Doomkid92 sure thing! just remember you aren't allowed to start until you have a partner

@deimosoft All maps up until map 11 will be hell, if all the slots between 1 and 11 aren't filled the next theme will start at the number after that one.

Hi hi.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be too busy around May to sign on to a new type of a project (plus I've already two maps that I really ought to finish first), but I love this idea, and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this thread.

I've got to bow out of the project, sorry. My partner has the part of our map that I've done, but I can't do anything else right now. Someone else can take my place.