Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

Terror at 100mph, and it could've been me grieving

Today a train crashed just north of london killing 8 people so far, and wounding nearly 100 more.

One of the carriages cut loose sliding over a railway bridge over busy traffic, and then wedging itself under the platform of the station.

For me, it was especially haunting. My girlfriend lives in a town north of London and regualry uses the very same line and service when she goes home via London. The crash happened about 10 miles from her home, as did the fatal Hatfield crash not so long ago. She just stared at the awful pictures on the TV, as white as a ghost.

Here's a news link if you like. Thank God, and touch wood, more weren't killed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_1979000/1979677.stm

THREE fucking rail accidents happened today - that one, one in the Czech Republic and another somewhere slse I can't remember. Freaky stuff.

Good to know you're OK, anyway.

Glad to hear your g/f is all right, well, as all right as she can be considering that it was a shock to her that it happened near her home and on a train line she normally uses.
Btw, what does this "touch wood" expression mean?

It's "Knock on wood" in the US. An old-fashioned good luck superstition.

How many people were killed crossing road in the UK today? A lot more than the 8 killed in the rail crash, she goes white as a sheet whenever she hears of someone being run over? Get a grip, train travel is one of the safest forms of transport, oh, and how many people died from cocain today? She didn't worry too much about that did she?

nicotene valium vicoden marijuana ecstacy alcohol

c-c-c-c-c-cocaine!

THERE'S AN E IN THERE YOU NEVER-TRIED-IT FUCKA!

oxycontins own vicodin. those 1500mg of it I had up my nose that one day was eqyal to a oxycontin 20. I've done oxycontins 80's lately and oh god are those shits strong, it's probably the closest thing to a heroin high that comes in pill form. I wouldn't recommend doing a whole 80, might die from it.

deadnail said:

c-c-c-c-c-cocaine!

There's two i's and only one e in nicotine :P

ssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're not seeing these Smirnoffs. I'm about to go to work. Keep your damn mouthes shut., =D

deadnail said:

c-c-c-c-c-cocaine!

Ooops sorry, but that would have been a whole lot more ethical if you had fucking spelt NICOTINE right!! :)

deadnail said:

ssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're not seeing these Smirnoffs. I'm about to go to work. Keep your damn mouthes shut., =D

Is it time now to discuss mouths ? :)

Doomworld Deadpool - Bets are now on as too which member is going to be the first to drop dead form an O.D.

Fifty bucks American says deadie goes into the dentist's chair loaded, and the anesthetic finishes him off. Takers?

But little does he know that the dentist's chair is really...

THE SEXOR MACHINE FROM THE BROKEN VIDEO

AHAHAHAHAHA!

IMJack said:

Fifty bucks American says deadie goes into the dentist's chair loaded, and the anesthetic finishes him off. Takers?

No, my bet is he wakes up with a sore bottom and never discovers the real cause :), and it's anaesthetic :)

Heh, off-topicz are still fun.

fod: she's not doing coke again, thank fuck, and sure more people die on the roads but it's always worse when it's nearer you. I know she was on the other side of the country at the time, but she's probably been in that same damn carriage that flipped before, damnit.

It's funny how things affect us more just because it's near us. It stinks really. I hadn't even heard about that Czech crash until Nuno mentioned it. Pretty poor, huh?

Oh jeez, deadnail, I feel your pain. Guys, leave the poor harrassed motherfucker alone, he has rights :)

pritch said:

Heh, off-topicz are still fun.

fod: she's not doing coke again, thank fuck, and sure more people die on the roads but it's always worse when it's nearer you. I know she was on the other side of the country at the time, but she's probably been in that same damn carriage that flipped before, damnit.

It's funny how things affect us more just because it's near us. It stinks really. I hadn't even heard about that Czech crash until Nuno mentioned it. Pretty poor, huh?

Boy, it's a relief to hear that your g/f doesn't take that shit anymore (then we wont get to see you whine about it anymore j/k).
About accidents affecting us when they're nearby: I dunno, I think it depends on the person - depends on if you're better at accepting the possibility of yourself dying.
It's a long time since I experienced anyone get hurt near me, but I did experience a deadly accident pretty close to where I was about two years ago.
But then again, it's not like there was an "it-could've-been-me" factor involved so I probably wouldn't know.

fodders said:

Is it time now to discuss mouths ? :)

How about SPAMING?

Oh, wait, there's an extra M in there, isn't there?