Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You can name it interception.wad but place it inside intercep.zip and it will be accepted I think. But vanilla doom can't load wads with more than 8 characters in the name so people will have to rename it to play in doom2.exe.

Sorry, I've already typed up a standard text file and sent it off to /idgames (I figured nobody really cared). But, an AV style text file would be really awesome for the inevitable v1.1 update. Perhaps, we should all type up a little description for ourselves and our levels!

Not at all! There's most likely going to be a lot of bugs found that we didn't notice before. It'll all be updated in time.

I just want to thank all you guys for this wonderful megawad. I've just finished map 06 (valkiriforce, awe and respect - that was one of the most enjoyable maps I've played in years). This megawad has classic and cacoward written all over it - I'm assuming of course that the high standard of the first 6 maps is maintained throughout and I have a feeling that's a safe assumption.

Ya did good!

Found something else worth updating for! Some of the music tracks weren't updated to their finished versions. The only track I found so far was MAP18's, but I have a feeling I missed more than just MAP18. I'll update you guys on which maps have unfinished tracks on them.

EDIT: MAP30 also doesn't have the completed track.

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask XenoNemisis or stewboy about that. As far as I know, they don't have titles.

/idgames link

Nice to see that this is finally uploaded, but the textfile is missing some useful information (e.g. a list of levels, which musician made each midi) that definitely should be added to the v1.1 update. Also, the textfile prohibits distribution, which is not only pointless but it can prevent the wad from being legally obtained if the archive ever goes down (see the Odessa series for an example of this).

Huh? My mistake, I honestly didn't intend to do that. I'm sorry about all the fuss with this text file! Can't I just send in an updated text file without having to replace the wad?

On map01 hell knight fails to teleport if someone is standing on the destination spot, making 100% kills impossible. Never use W1 lines in monster closets!

My mistake, sorry! I know my first few maps are really the weakest of the wad, so they're bound to have a few bugs left.

Well, do you plan to update the wad with some fixes in the future or is this the final version?

Oh, I'm definitely planning to update it. I know that when a larger group of people play a wad, they're more likely to find unnoticed glitches.

This is going to be the next megawad club project, so it would be cool if you could make any fixes asap :)

Nice, thank you! I'm pondering over whether I should also include the dehacked file in the wad file for those who use advanced ports. Thoughts?

Is it even possible to beat map 3? I've got the blue and yellow keys, but there's a wall that lowers to block the yellow door if I get anywhere near it.

What I saw of the first three levels was pretty uninspiring. Being "classic" in style doesn't excuse making maps that are easier than Doom2.wad.

Yes, it's definitely possible. My testers and I, along with everyone else who played the first few levels, beat it. I put that mechanism in place so that there wouldn't be a visplane overflow, but it must have whacked out on you. It's never happened to me, so I'm not sure what caused it to do that.

I appreciate your criticism as well. I understand that my maps aren't the best in the wad (these are practically my first maps!), but I never set out to make this megawad hard. I can understand how it could get boring by being easy, but the wad gets pretty hard later on. Thank you for you input, though!

EDIT: I'm now thinking about redoing the first few levels (or at least having someone else map 'em). They're easily the weakest part of the wad, and it's obviously off-putting to most players. Thoughts?

Don't worry, I'm most likely just going to go through and touch them up, hopefully to make them less generic/boring. Besides, what could be wrong with a little improvement? ;)

A minor glitch in MAP08 "Panopticon":

This armor helmet is floating in the air until the compartment behind it (it's a secret) opens. See here.

----------------

Another one in MAP12 "Alpha Tower":

In the hallways with the Revenants coming out of the alcoves, there is a strange HOM effect when you open a seemingly useless, but still hidden wall section at a dead end (see map).

Both glitches found with latest ZDoom snapshot (r4045/4046).

*EDIT*
I have slightly updated the MAPINFO file. If you have nerve.wad loaded, you will now see the first episode being labelled "Inception" instead of "Hell on Earth". Nice extra. :) Just redownload from link in my previous post.