Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Plut

Speed Demo Contest # 2: sophobos.wad E1M3

The rules:
- record a Ultimate Doom compatible demo (-complevel 3 in prboom-plus) on sophobos.wad E1M3( http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6521 ).
- three categories: UV-Max, UV-Speed, NM-Speed (you can participate in as many categories as you want)
- send them to me via PM before 14 Feb 23:59 MSK (that's 14 Feb 19:59 UTC).

Please don't share your routes/demos before the contest is over.

----------------------------------------------------

http://filesmelt.com/dl/sop_contest.zip

Tourney table:

UV-Max
j4rio - 5:27
SAV88 - 5:30
Beginner - 5:48
Zahid - 6:13

UV-Speed
Memfis - 1:06
SAV88 - 1:07
Beginner - 1:14
LEX SAFONOV - 2:35

NM-Speed
SAV88 - 1:27
Beginner - 2:05

Not a great choice for uv-max I think (easy repetitive gameplay on a fairly long map), it will be boring to optimize IMO. Maybe I'll try other categories.

Well I like the map but on the other hand I'm not too fond of it taking place atm because I really haven't enough time to record. If you could make it two weeks instead of one, I would be most grateful.

arf, never recorded anything for that, but my free time could be the major trouble. I'll give my best to at least spend one hour or two on the contest!

Sent a mediocre uv-speed, was planning to improve it but got lazy... So what about j4rio's suggestion Plut? You could at least say something. o)

well
i suggest to complete it tomorrow....and to start a new one on a better map.As i agree with memfis about unfriendly nature of this map and 2 weeks recording on it is not so exciting....so i m content at already submitted one guess:)

I sent an entry so if the widening was only because of me, you can crop the final date if you want.

I've absolute zero free time and the spare half hours I've in a week are invested elsewhere :( so I call myself out for now too

Dear Plut, please check your unread PM. Today I sent you my last 2 contest entries :)

Cool, I like how best 2 times in uv-speed and uv-max are very close. It's especially interesting with uv-maxes since Artem's and j4rio's strategies are totally different.