Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Zahid said:

waiting for vdgg,gggmork,j4rio,sav88,jc,kimo xvirus,phml,Qaatar,xitvono and stx vile's explanations....as im unable to conclude any thing out of these names particularly:)

"gggmork" is based on gmork, a character from "The Neverending Story".
"sav88" is probably Artem's initials followed by the birth year.
JC also goes by the name JCD on Zdaemon, maybe that means JC Denton from "Deus Ex"?

Although I know about the gmork character I never once actually thought of the character every time I saw gggmork's username strangely enough.

As for stx vile, it's pretty simple. I hope I can accurately recall the details, though. Vile was a member of Stickmen. Stickmen were a Quake clan that used "stx" as a tag on IRC and something like "o-|-<" as their in-game tag. "Vile" is simply Drew's nick. So, if I were in the clan, maybe on IRC I'd be stx-Mogul or something. No big deal. If there's a meaning behind "Vile" other than "It's short, simple, and menacing," I'd be surprised.

Egregor is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people. The symbiotic relationship between an egregor and its group has been compared to the more recent, non-occult concepts of the corporation (as a legal entity) and the meme.

Also, as some of you may know I started out with the name 'Eregore' which was me registering, while high, and drunk . . . and in a rush to ask an editing question. I thought I had spelt it correctly (or rather I didn't second guess it). Before that I was a habitual lurker (and perhaps still am).

My name is sort of a "Notch" thing; it doesn't mean anything, it's not a reference, it's just to look interesting.

I can't remember why I put parentheses around it on here, though. I use it without those everywhere else.

It was a nickname my best friend gave me during a time I wore purple a lot.

Kinda silly, but I prefer it to my old alias, DomRem. That was based off a compound word of my favorite video game (duh) and my favorite sports team (the St. Louis Rams). My 14 year-old self thought it'd sound cooler if I misspelled both into a new word, but most people just misread it as DoomRem.

Well, oscypek is a name of traditional sheep cheese produced on the south of Poland. But it has been patented in Zakopane and it must be sold under alternate names outside Zakopane - like "oszczypek" or "scypek". A long time ago, I've chosen it to be my username for whatever reason and decided to stick to it, as I've already used it in a few places. Also because it's easier to read and spell than my alternate username - Niesiemierodek (this one means absolutely nothing).

And finally, the 2. This crap ended up in my username accidentally. I'm Scypek.

Franck is of course my first name, I looked for a pseudo with connotation FPS, and I had the idea of "FRAG", which stuck well with my first name. The repeated "fra", remind my origin country.

I find now my pseudo a kinda ridiculous, but it has been since 2005 that I possed, thus I shall not change it.

I also possess another pseudo, but for my artistic quoted.

Mine is, incidentally, related to Doom.

You see, I was addicted to Final Doom back in the day, and the game's official site was http://teamtnt.com/ixfd.htm. For some reason, I really liked the letters "ixfd." Final Doom had 64 levels, and I thought 64 was a cool number. I thought it would be fun to append 64 to those four letters - blame it on Nintendo 64 for starting the trend - and that's how I came up with my username. I sometimes spell it with a lowercase "i" so people don't misread it as "Lxfd64" (it happens a lot).

Mine comes from the ironclad ship that defeated the CSS Virginia at Hampton Roads, and saved the Northern navy in 1862, during the American Civil War (United States vs. Confederate States). I liked the name, and have established that.

And, by the way:

USS Monitor (right) vs. CSS Virginia (left).

The Monitor said:
Mine comes from the ironclad ship that [...]

Lies! As shown by your avatar that looks like the screen of a monitor, you're no less than a monitor with arms that can type and play DOOM!

Well, about six or something years ago I was registering at some website and I couldn't think of any good username. I was initially going to go with "richter" because Richter Belmont from the Castlevania series was one of my favorite characters (and still is). Unfortunately that username was already in use so I decided to put a "1" after "richter"; and that username was also in use so I decided to put a '2' after the '1' and then a '3', and so on until I reached the number '6' where I was finally able to get in. After that I kinda grew fond of this username and now I'm known as richter3456 at two other websites other than here.

richter3456 said:

Richter Belmont from the Castlevania series

And here I was thinking "light to moderate earthquake".

^Haha, I never thought of it that way. I mean I knew about the richter scale and all that but I didn't look at the numbers as something that represents the magnitude of the earthquake. Interesting interpretation though.

New guy here :)

I've mainly encountered three different interpretations of my username:

1) My name is Enzo.
-- No. Sometimes people also add something like being born in 2003 or first coming up with the name in 2003. While coming up with the name in 2003 is very close, if not actually the case, that's not what the 03 is from.

2) I named myself after Enzo from ReBoot.
-- No. However, I do remember when the show was airing on Toonami and Moltar was the host :). I've thought about watching ReBoot again, what with it being on Netflix, but I'm currently watching other shows.

3) I named myself after the 2003 Ferrari Enzo.
-- Still no. Though it is a pretty nice car. Because I got this so much a few years back, I sometimes made jokes about how I was involved in a high speed crash in Malibu that really fucked me up.

So how did I come up with my name?
Well when I made it, I was playing Mechwarrior 2 a lot. There was a cheat where you entered your name as "enzo" in the Trial of Grievance setup and it would give you access to the Battlemaster and Tarantula mechs and the Elemental battle armor. Being really young and unimaginative, I took this word and put it in my username. Since I saw everyone else had these fancy numbers, I put in 03 since it was the same as the numbers ending my school network's username.

As for changing my username to something more my taste these days? Eh, I have no problem with the name I've got, except sometimes I add "Crazy" before it, like on Youtube and various other places.

Just a minute ago, I realized half the usernames here don't make any sense to me at all.

I came up with this retarded nick when I was 9 or 10, tried changing my name to Faceplant, then no one knew who the hell I was, so now it's stuck despite the fact I'm about to turn 22.

Where does your username come from / what does it mean?