Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laimiz

opinions needed!

That level sucks. NEVER EVER PUT THAT FUCKING SONG IN A LEVEL AGAIN. YOU SHOULD BE SHOT.

Seriously now, it's not bad for a first level. It is a bit short, there are some misalignments which are typical for a first level, and the traps are kind of obvious. But I really like the attempt to add a few realistic elements.

why do you think music is a bad thing? In my opinion the old music is too boring and heard 2002 times!
yes, the level is my map01, so it's short as it has to be.

Argh, if only more people could try out The Underworld like that.
Then again, i guess no-one can be arsed downloading Jdoom cuz it's too dark otherwise.
*whinge*
maybe once we do a version for vanilla doom... hmmm

Laimiz said:

why do you think music is a bad thing? In my opinion the old music is too boring and heard 2002 times!
yes, the level is my map01, so it's short as it has to be.

Don't get me wrong, new music is great. But it's that particular song that sucks dick.

Short but spectacular!You like those explosions man.Good attempt at adding some realistic elements as Archvile said.There's a bad texture in the room downstairs that causes it to crash in Legacy and show HOM in Doom2.It's the 138 switch for the lighting to 255,you've got it set 2-sided.It also seems a little pointless having those goodies at the exit,the armour etc.Good work otherwise.

It's the 138 switch for the lighting to 255,you've got it set 2-sided.

well, it is not 2-sided :/ how do I fix those god damn crashes? and why is that texture bad? it works perfectly on zdoom!

Sorry you didn't mention it was for ZDoom,yep it works fine.I tried it in Doom2 and Legacy and had problems with both-see the lmp I sent you.The switch texture reads as 2-sided in DeepSea.Have you tried it with anything other than ZDoom or is it intended only for ZDoom?

it's not only for zdoom, it is for all doom ports! :) I've opened classic map04, i saw a cool thing like that lite switch, and copied it, it's all the like it on my map, but somehow crashes on legacy and other, but except zdoom!

Okay the problem is exactly what I said,that light switch is set as 2-sided and should be set as impassible,change the setting and it works fine in everything.I've sent you a modified wad and lmp in Legacy.

yeah, thanks magikal, i appreciate that :)

i'll replace it in geoshitties

You could also upload them to /incoming where they'll be placed in /newstuff and reviewed by Liam, plus placed in the largest on-line library of wads out there.

You could also upload them to /incoming

incoming? Sorry i'm so new, but is it ftp or some stuff like it?

Archvile64 said:

Don't get me wrong, new music is great. But it's that particular song that sucks dick.

What song IS that anyhow? Pardon my ignoracne.

Oh, and about the level...pfft...I can make better levels than that...;)

Alright, I confess...I can't make maps worth crap to save my life. Sorry I lied.../me runs home to mommy and shoots himself.

Weedster said:

Alright, I confess...I can't make maps worth crap to save my life. Sorry I lied.../me runs home to mommy and shoots himself.

Damn I was hoping you'd put a link to one :)

Weedster said:

What song IS that anyhow? Pardon my ignoracne.

That god-awful Linkin Park song that everyone loves and can totally relate to.