Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Third party claim bullshit on Youtube needs to stop on Doom vids

Like the title says, one of my videos I pulled got a third party claim by Universal Music Group for D_E1M1 because it looped several times (video was about 12 minutes long). This shit infuriates me and they have NO claim to said song even if it's loosely based on some popular tune. To keep this crap from happening I have used my two custom music WADs to ever have this happen to me.

Particular tunes that I have found to be susceptible to this bullshit would be E1M1, MAP07, MAP23 and MAP25.

The current music WAD I use is by Ransu and if I get any claims because I am using his soundtrack, I am not only gonna contest the claim but report it to Ransu if the claim dispute fails because other entities are claiming his music as theirs.

Has this happened with anyone else who records Doom videos and posts them on Youtube?

Youtube tried to claim some of my ORIGINAL creations as someone else's. They can frig off. I denied the claim and it went through, luckily.

PRIMEVAL said:

Youtube tried to claim some of my ORIGINAL creations as someone else's. They can frig off. I denied the claim and it went through, luckily.

Yep, same. Thankfully they make these kind of disputes fairly painless. (Aside from the pain of having your work mistaken for a completely dissimilar song that happens to be around the same length but that's it.)

I attempted to dispute the E1M1 one a couple weeks ago but they rejected it. This pisses me off because the crap level I recorded I have to do again with something else in place of D_E1M1.

I've read about this before, but luckily nothing bad has ever come my way in terms of copyright claims that have nothing to do with the song in question. Sorry to hear you guys getting screwed over, and especially those who tried to dispute it and got nowhere.