Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

dew said:

why are you so obsessed about coming off as a massive, unrelenting, racist, totally self-absorbed little CUNT?

cuz it's so brewtäl

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I just responded to his offense, and I am a cunt for doing this?

oh, absolutely.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

You are really intelligent, aren't ya?

are you hitting on me? oh my, i am blushing!

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I just responded to his offense, and I am a cunt for doing this? You are really intelligent, aren't ya?

It is possible to provide evidence that the person insulting you has their head up their ass in a non-cunty way... but then again I wouldn't expect someone who just randomly shoves an umlaut into their mod's title for no reason to be capable of restraining their impulse to be a cunt.

How long will this continue? I came here for update news, not endless amounts of the word CUNT printed continually by somebody who clearly is pissed off for no apparent reason, and has even just been proven to have no solid evidence of 12-14 year old "douchebags" being BD's only players!
if this guy is in the next version, I will be in hysterics!

mrthejoshmon said:

How long will this continue? I came here for update news, not endless amounts of the word CUNT printed continually by somebody who clearly is pissed off for no apparent reason, and has even just been proven to have no solid evidence of 12-14 year old "douchebags" being BD's only players!
if this guy is in the next version, I will be in hysterics!

To be honest I'd like the old gameplay back, less of the over the top stuff and needless I'll put whatever I want in and think get away with it crap, along with the pointless insults towards people who criticise. This is just my two pennies here but I do think it's unfair to say it's just 12-14 year old gamers are the only one's who play this mod but I personally think what caught me onto Brutal Doom in the first place has just gone.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Only 1 out of every 10 BD players is an underage.

and 1 in 5 dentists don't like 5 gum. Your point?

Don't you have some more warez to give out?

Springy said:

To be honest I'd like the old gameplay back, less of the over the top stuff and needless I'll put whatever I want in and think get away with it crap, along with the pointless insults towards people who criticise. This is just my two pennies here but I do think it's unfair to say it's just 12-14 year old gamers are the only one's who play this mod but I personally think what caught me onto Brutal Doom in the first place has just gone.

The reason I got into brutal doom was a recommendation,I used to play Gmod and other overhauls of games, then I heard there was one for doom and then boom, I had it, the version I had played was 0.16 I think, and then got hooked onto 0.17, this is what brought me in, and the fact it is quite similar to postal 2, I am a sick individual >:)

It's Brutal Doom v0.13 which got a Cacoward, and the mod has changed quite a lot since.

Version 13 IMO was my favourite I really like 0.8 as well but version 13 I used to play a lot along with the brutal arsenal expansion. I do like the mods you offer to the community (mostly the maps) I just don't know really there was something about version 17 that just didn't keep me playing like 13 did.

I still don't understand it. I downloaded V13, and in comparison with the current version, all weapons fells slower, sounds are much more irritating, blood is much more unrealistic and exaggerated, too much smoke, and many other stuff that everyone that doesn't like the mod says, but on much bigger proportions, and I personally couldn't spot anything on v13 that is better than on v17.

Grazza said:

I don't care about your mod or any vendettas or complexes you may have, but if I see any further posts like this, you can expect to be removed from the forums, at the very least temporarily.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

And this image reaffirms my belief that you shouldn't act like "You shouldn't like what I don't like", and shut the fuck up.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I just responded to his offense, and I am a cunt for doing this? You are really intelligent, aren't ya?

*Sigh* It seems my post didn't get your attention. Perhaps this will.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

blood is much more unrealistic and exaggerated.

And therefore much better.

rampancy said:

this thread reminds babysitting my sisters 3 kids. wtf?

brutal doom is a great mod. bring v18!

Not so sure that's gonna happen now...

And what's worse, being losered or banned? (for those whom don't know what an IP is)

Platinum Shell said:

Not so sure that's gonna happen now...

And what's worse, being losered or banned? (for those whom don't know what an IP is)

Losers have their own sub forum. They can hash things out with mods there if they feel like they want to return to normal. It's more like being probated than banned, except there is no expiration date.

:-(

wtf

._.

Are we going to continue making this thread a train wreck or what? That's up to the posters posting in here.

I am disappointed all the reactionary posts stemmed from a simple tasteless racist in-joke. Now that the author is Losered, how exactly will he post updates in his thread?

I only wish this topic can get back on track.

Mr. Chris said:

I am disappointed all the reactionary posts stemmed from a simple tasteless racist in-joke. Now that the author is Losered, how exactly will he post updates in his thread?

I only wish this topic can get back on track. [/B]

Who cares! I mean brutal doom is basically a jokewad in disguise. The amount of blood and guts in this wad is so unrealistic, not to mention it changes the gameplay alot and even makes maps unplayable. The whole mod makes the doom player look like the enemy and the monsters are just helpless victims getting slaughtered. The fatalities are just plain tasteless and actually make me feel sorry for the demons.
If this isnt a jokewad then idk what is.

Now dont get me wrong this wad has some pretty cool effects and sprite work. But overall I think if this wad keeps getting updated it will just get crappier with each release.

Hopefully now hell just fix the bugs and work on another wad that actually has cool maps rather than some stupid weapon mod.

For the record, I'll go ahead and admit that I was a bit off with my statement about the age group of the people playing Brutal Doom. The douche part still stands, but in the words of the Lebowski, that's just like... my opinion, man. I still feel this mod is incredibly juvenile and unbalanced, but hey, that's just me. That being said, my point regarding the context of rape/racial humor is something I'll back 100%. Lest I be directly/indirectly responded to again on this topic, though, I'm calling this my last comment on the topic. I hold this mod in the same vein as Family Guy: people like it, and I'm on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. The end.

well thats it then! I will look elsewhere for goddamn news on this mod! all I came here was for version info, and instead I got to see a war!
brilliant, just bloody brilliant!

@Alwaysdoomed: You are forgetting this is just a bunch of pixelated sprites for a 19 year old game, not hyper realistic 3d models. I can understand your concern about each update as it does for some people (I personally am not a fan of the cheesy one liners outside of the bird flippig anim).

He is fixing as many bugs as possible because v18 is likely going to be the final release of the mod from what I've heard.

Yes, Mark did/does have a map project or two outside of Brutal Doom and I think it is somewhere on these forums and the ZDoom forums.

Mr. Chris, where did you hear that V18 might be the final version?

Also what a shame how this thread turned out to be.

I don't want to see development on BD end. I actually quite enjoy it. What I usually do is just pretend it's not Doom at all, just a very similar game. Things like fatalities are annoying yes, but then that's why we have smash mode.

Now if it really is getting "crappier" with each release, then I'll have to check out V18 when it comes out.

If BD is shit -> Don't play it

Inferno said:

Mr. Chris, where did you hear that V18 might be the final version

I heard that from Mark himself on his Brutal Doom facebook page and/or the ZDoom forum thread for the mod.

If such is true, it should be handed to someone enthusiastic to continue who also has a good grasp with DECORATE and ACS to keep development active.

A good example would be Obhack, a fork of Oblige's V2 code who was developed by Sam Trenholme which when Sam stopped development, he let Fritz continue with it and maintain the development.

Oh man...I thought that Doomworld is one of the "most intelligent community", since I met a lot of underage audience on the Internet. I believed that age equals "mature" behaviour.

Well, I was wrong.

I'm disappointed in most of the users have posted here, especially in Essel, who started this kind of "hate-wave" here. I don't care either mark deserves it or it had personal reasons only. You made his "fame" worse, and you don't have th f@ckin rights to do it just because you are a mod here and don't like Brutal Doom. And I don't care if you say I'm wrong - I know that (at least partially) I'm right.

Katamori said:

I'm disappointed in most of the users have posted here, especially in Essel, who started this kind of "hate-wave" here.

[Citation needed]