Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BJ Vynz

Stacked 3d floors in Risen3d?

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a map for Risen3d and I'd like to make 3d floors right above each other, but I only know how to have 1 3d floor because that's all the tutorial shows...
Does anyone know how to have multiple 3d floors in the same spot?

And yes I know how to easily make this for Zdoom/GZdoom but I'm not trying to make a map for Zdoom/GZdoom ;)

This is quite doable. For an example look in your Risen3d\R3DGames\R3DTest\Gwads folder and examine R3Ddemo184_06.wad. Check out the lift with multiple floors near the start. The procedure is the same as just for one 3D floor.

Ah, I hadn't gone through all the demo levels. I'll try and see what I can find from there, thanks man :)

I've decided to have different versions of my map (or maps), so a Risen3D one, a Zdoom one (which should run on all its "offspring"), and I guess Doomsday one if the Zdoom specials don't work on it.

The Risen3D one is a must for me because I love the support for models and that they're always getting updated. Totally digging the new soldiers.

(Just a personal question though, is there a reason the chaingunner is white and slim? It just looks weird to me :P)

BJ Vynz said:

(Just a personal question though, is there a reason the chaingunner is white and slim? It just looks weird to me :P)

To me, seems to be a good and faithful representation of the original sprite. You are quite welcome to email Abbs your concerns.

Alright I got it working thanks to the demo. It's a really neat way of doing it, I'll be messing with this stuff now

hawkwind said:

To me, seems to be a good and faithful representation of the original sprite. You are quite welcome to email Abbs your concerns.

I think it's a good model, it's just I've been accustomed to seeing the chaingunner dark like the sprite ;)

But luckily the textures are editable so it allows for change. Also the def files really help customization, I love the ability for multiple skins on the soldiers :)