Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Sixty-Year Old Woman Who Has Played Doom For Years

pizzabob18 said:

my grandfather introduced me to wolfenstein 3d and doom back in 1994 and he was 68 years old then

Was he like a Cobalt programmer or something?

There was a lot of network game playing inside big corporations back then.....

kmiller1610 said:

Was he like a Cobalt programmer or something?

There was a lot of network game playing inside big corporations back then.....

Cobalt? lol.

That is something I've thought about a lot. Am I going to be dooming when I'm 80? Hell yes I will.

Going to start practicing the looks I'll give my grandchildren when they ask me why I play such an old game.

Nomad said:

Going to start practicing the looks I'll give my grandchildren when they ask me why I play such an old game.

The thousand-yard stare?

r_rr said:

I'm gonna Doom till I die :D

Careful. That could just mean dying young. :P

Heh... my Grandma barely knows HOW to operate a comp. Which is a shame.

My dad, however... he said this back in January:

"I haven't played a game sense Doom and Doom II because that's the only time anyone did it right!!"

He's nearing sixty, now. He was one of those guys who was playing the game on company time way back when. Gotta appreciate that sort of mentality.

Surprising really. Funny as well. In some 8bit retro communities which are older than Doom, most people are like 35-45. Great find, lol!

Regardless of whether this is true or not, I'm not too phased considering a recent incident involving little Doomlings..........

TimeOfDeath said:

like that pic of Nikki Ziering on ZDaemon a few years ago.

Ha, awesome, this just made my... night.

Pavera said:

I've shown him what levels I've made for Doom, but he's perfectly content just playing the original game. He's more of a Rome: Total War/Steel Panthers/X-Com guy anyways.

My dad's 63 and plays freedoom a lot. Uses zdoom on linux and still keyboards.

fraggle said:

Likewise, if you receive any emails from supposed Doomers in Nigeria, who need you to send them money so that they can buy Internet credits to upload some amazing WAD, might not be a good idea.

Ultraboy94 said:

my grandmother occasionly plays solitaire on her pc.

thats about it...

Same with mine until she eventually lost her eyesight.

Any other what,women in their 60's playing Doom for years? I say more power to the lady! I'm 62!
PS It wasn't me that requested Dv.I played that long ago and loved it.

That reminds me... my mom is probably going back into the hospital soon and it's my job to load up my dad's laptop with a few dozen of her point-and-click games.

Oh good, LittleTemple gained more personalities. Now he's also elderly women, contrary to popular belief that he only impersonates 11-12yo girls.

ellmo said:

Oh good, LittleTemple gained more personalities. Now he's also elderly women, contrary to popular belief that he only impersonates 11-12yo girls.

Even if this were the case, can we at least let this one pass unchallenged? As much as I dislike deception, when it isn't hurting anyone, I don't really see the harm.

Especially when there are maps coming out of it.

Memfis said:

lol ellmo, look at the date of the first post

Sorry, I made a joke I clearly couldn't resist. Didn't look at the dates ;)

My Dad's been playing Doom for as long as I have. He's 60, now.

Once, he played through the entire contents of one of those cheap CDs filled with CDROM.com files. It was roughly 1000 WADs.