Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gggmork

rotate/scroll boom transferred sky?

I read it works for "mbf", does that mean its supposed to work for boom?

db2, make map in boom format.

set a sector to f_sky, tag it.

make dummy 1 sided square outside map. 1 of its sides has upper texture as the sky u want. give it the transfer sky or whatever option w/ same tag. ALSO SET ITS HORIZONTAL OFFSET to 24 or whatever, suspecting that'll make the sky rotate.
However it doesn't rotate for me.

The line that transfers the sky already has action 271 (transfer sky) so not sure if you can give it a 2nd action. Its tag is 30, so tried making a 2nd line have scroll action tagged to 30 instead of itself but didn't work.
Unless you meant give the sector a scroll special, but didn't see scroll as a boom option for a sector special.

EDIT:
Also would be cool to make the sky light glow or blink etc. Tried setting that dummy 1 sided square sector to glowing but that didn't affect the sky.

gggmork said:

I read it works for "mbf", does that mean its supposed to work for boom?

No. Other way around: stuff that works in Boom is supposed to work in MBF. But stuff introduced in MBF doesn't exist in Boom.

Now if by Boom you mean PrBoom+ or even "modern Boom-compatible ports like ZDoom", then it's another issue of course.

Hmm, well I know the map is a "boom" format map in doombuilder 2, and I play it IN prboom+. Basically no way to make a transferred sky either glow/blink or scroll with those settings that you know of? Thanks.

gggmork said:

Its tag is 30, so tried making a 2nd line have scroll action tagged to 30 instead of itself but didn't work.

the 254 special?
the sky's scrolling is heavily scaled down (by a factor of 64 IIRC)
Also the sky is always fullbright. I've no idea but maybe make it animated?