Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

GZDoom 1.7.01

After having been delayed thrice by last-minute bugs, GZDoom is now in its 1.7.01 version. This makes official a few fixes to bugs that showed up in 1.7.00, and also includes all the latest ZDoom changes, including better accuracy to some Heretic, Hexen, and Strife line types; some additional automatic compatibility tweaks; an updated tracker module replayer; and a few other minor features. If you use GZDoom, update it now!

AzaryDoom2020 said:

Waiting for Zdoom for next version soon!

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. Historically, ZDoom official releases have been far less frequent than GZDoom ones.

Are there no Linux binary downloads? Clicking the "download source" link from the download page just gives me "Unable to download resource at path: /trunk/".

Warp textures don't seem to be working. Neither are glowing textures / brightmaps. Unless I'm doing something wrong, here...

Orangestar said:

Clicking the "download source" link from the download page just gives me "Unable to download resource at path: /trunk/".

Yeah, this is one of the many WebSVN features that have been disabled because they were poorly coded and crashed the mancubus.net servers.

Use an SVN client to get it. It's r1526 in the trunk.

PRIMEVAL said:

Warp textures don't seem to be working. Neither are glowing textures / brightmaps. Unless I'm doing something wrong, here...

Seems like shaders don't work on your system. Did they use to?

Gez said:

Seems like shaders don't work on your system. Did they use to?

Yes, in 1.6.0.1418
I can make a video showing the difference if you'd like.

I either didn't upgrade then or I never tested it out for shaders and warped textures then, I have no recollection of it.

You can find 1.7.00 here. Knowing if the incompatibility was introduced recently or predates the last renderer changes is important.