Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scypek2

Random techbase(s) - fixed!

So, I made a detailed techbase level. It tool me quite a long time.

It's on map02, as there are two maps included, but the first one isn't as impressive. It was supposed to have more levels, so you don't get all weapons. Despite being on map02 slot, you may pistol-start it as it's probably not that challenging.

Anyway, have fun. Boom compatible, -complevel 9. requires CC4 texture pack.

Download
Version with fixed textures for prboom and with simplified blue key part, now the puzzle doesn't require glitchy conveyor belt controlling.

Old buggy version, but fine with zdoom and, IMO, with cooler blue key puzzle.

Hey, really looking forward to playing this after being teased with those great screenies.

Just started and noticed: this medikit just out of reach of the player. Is this intentional? Never mind! I got it on my second attempt. I guess I just came at it at a weird angle or something.

EDIT2:
Oops. Just noticed you said two maps. I was wondering how I missed all the things in your screenshots. Anyway, I tried to record a demo, but I guess my skill is not great enough, and now I can't get it to play. It's "-timedemo" right?

Map01 end stats:
Kills: 95%
Items: 88%
Secrets: 33%
Time: 8:47 (I got lost...)

Anyway, it was fun. Great layout (lots of areas connected, but still inaccessible from certain areas). Fun to play multiple times.

The orange Startan box with the Hell Knight is a little uninspired, visually. I couldn't believe it came from the same guy that posted the above screenshots.

I really liked the Radsuit/Berserk secret. Well hidden.

FDAs.

Nice maps, challenging with unusual design and weird level progression. I couldn't figure out how to get the blue key on map02, probably missed a mandatory secret or something, I dunno.

Also noticed some HOMs on both maps, what's up with that? Did you put some flats on walls? (works in zdoom only)

And the sky on map02 wasn't orange so your screenshots are lying.

schwerpunk said:

The orange Startan box with the Hell Knight is a little uninspired, visually. I couldn't believe it came from the same guy that posted the above screenshots.

Well, I must admit I've never detailed as much as on map02 before. Honestly, while making map01 I didn't cared about detailing at all.

Memfis said:

I couldn't figure out how to get the blue key on map02, probably missed a mandatory secret or something, I dunno.

Also noticed some HOMs on both maps, what's up with that? Did you put some flats on walls? (works in zdoom only)

And the sky on map02 wasn't orange so your screenshots are lying.

There are no mandatory secrets, you just have to experiment a bit with these two switches. The keys are going back on conveyor belts after being flushed away.

I've noticed no HOM's and neither I put any flats on walls. I tested with zdoom, though, so please show me their locations if you can.

Sorry for the sky, I already had 5 rooms of doom texture pack which is cc4 texture pack with changed sky, so I didn't bothered to download the latter.

Thanks for comments, everyone!

There are too many HOMs to name where they are, just watch my demos or run around with -nomonsters and you'll see them.
The blue key puzzle is broken in prboom-plus I guess (keys get stuck on the walls and never move again).

HOMs coming from mislabeled textures it looks like:

'LITE4 ?'
'SUPP4B S-'

anyways, interesting maps, here's an fda, couldn't figure out how to get blue key on map02 so I gave up. gameplay was hit and miss for me, though I'm biased against hitscanner-centric design, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. the misc. revs / AV were a nice surprise. my major gripe is the hallway-esque nature of everything. not a lotta room to move around. 64-wide rooms aren't the most fun, and turns almost every encounter into 'peekaboo'

Nice looking entertaining stuff.

Search for thing index 124: in hard difficulty there's a revenant + chaingunner on same spot.

I don't remember having seen friction used in any other map before.

Conveyor belt physics are appearently worse in prboom, so I'll probably upload a version with something more traditional on that part. About missing textures, I'm really confused - I see that these are IWAD textures that have their twins with broken names (which I did NOT used) in texture pack, and they work ok in zdoom but not in prboom. Maybe I should try and replace them with their twins and see what will happen, I dunno. Anyone have seen such behavior in cc4 texture pack, or maybe it's just 5 rooms tp issue?