Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

The Korax Mod for HeXen

I just downloaded it, and attempted to run it in OpenGL. I naturally got some gay error stating "DGL iniatilization (sp?) failed. See Doomsday.out for details." I then tried to run in Direct3D. Absolutely no go. The game would boot up to the Primary Screen Display doohicky, and then the game would crash back to the Desktop.
What is UP with that? Please tell me; I have GOT to play this Korax Mod!!

Generally that happens to me when I try to run a wad that exceeds the normal GL sector limit, ie. Europa3, AV Map 20, etc.

I assume you built the GL nodes for the wadfile with GLBSP? If you did try deleting the GWA file and running it (say no when jdoom prompts you asking if you want to build gl nodes). If the problem is in an overdetailed map it should run, albeit slowly and with some graphical errors here and there.

It also might help if you post a link to this Korax Mod so that I/someone else can download it and check it out.

Korax Mod 2 rocks, and if you can get JHexen to run you can get Korax Mod to run. It just uses a modified game dll.

I wouldn't play it, however, until you have actually finished Hexen.

That's my main problem: I cannot get JHexen or Korax Mod to run.
I am well on my way to beating HeXen however.
This sucks. I want to play JHexen and Korax Mod, but they won't start.

Well what's the error you get when Jhexen starts (fails to start)?

I get the exact same errors when attempting to start JHexen as when I attempt to start Korax Mod.

WHAT ERROR?! PRINT SCREEN AND PASTE IT INTO MSPAINT IF YOU FUCKING HAVE TO, JESUS JUMPING JACK CHRIST.

Have you scoured the JDoom sites for all the info you can?

Never mind, I'll just play it with DXHexen. In software. :.(