Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Oscar Pistorius

Ok, this Oscar Pistorius story is really pissing me off. Particularly the hordes of internet posters turning off their brains and citing any meaningless facts they can think of to convict the guy. "He fired multiple times!" "He didn't check the bed for his girlfriend!" "Why would an intruder hide in a toilet room?"

Honestly, his version of events is incredible. I'll grant you that. However, so is the moon landing. And the arguments against both are about equally as moronic. This is why I CANNOT fall in line with the rest of the population and convict this guy. For various other reasons, I do not believe he intentionally killed his girlfriend.

We'll be hearing more of these kinds of cases in America in the little while, I predict. Actually they probably already do.

Franky I was burned-out from all the Dorner hype to have payed attention to this guy.

It was incredible, and I was just heartwrenched to hear it happen. I mean, to accidentally kill your girlfriend is something that will haunt you for the rest of your life (and something I think people find it difficult to think about frankly, (EDIT: so perhaps scenarios are created to accommodate their discomfort of imagining what it is like to accidentally kill your girlfriend; when there's room for speculation, idiots come out of the woodwork)). Nevertheless, you can't help but think, why would you want to shoot to kill? If only he would not be so paranoid in the first place. My initial reactions were 'you fucking idiot, you and your guns, ever heard of the taser? Why didn't you shoot her in the leg? She'd be angry, but she'd be alive too, etc, etc'. I live in Australia where guns are totally unnecessary, so I can't really speak whether it is justified or not to have guns in South African homes. Either way, it's a real tragedy.

I wouldn't write off Pistorius' Olympic career just yet, not if shooting stuff through a door is added to the list of events.

Given the mainstream media's tendency to sensationalize stories, demonize individuals and present opinions as facts, I'll be surprised if they manage to empanel an impartial jury for his trial.

Clonehunter said:

Because you all carry Bowie knives instead, right?

The Spider Emperor doesn't permit his human subjects to have guns.

Clonehunter said:

Because you all carry Bowie knives instead, right?

That, and boomerangs. Can't go wrong with them mate.

I couldn't care less about the case itself - it's simply a random case of manslaughter among thousands of others - but what really pisses me off is the reaction of Finnish media to this. I could understand media outlets going crazy about this in South Africa, but WHY THE FUCK is this front page news every single day up here? There was maybe a handful of people here who knew about either of those two people involved, so as a piece of news it's just as relevant as any other killing yet it's being showed down our throats regardless. Fuck media.

This requires a Wesley Willis song.

Oscar Pistorius

Oscar Pistorius was a handicapped athlete
but he ran as fast as O.J. Simpson
with some cool blades as his legs

Oscar Pistorius (x6)
One day, Oscar Pistorius got some nasty drugs
The drugs gave him a yelldown warhellride
He went fucking crazy, he went fucking berserk

While still on the drugs, he took a gun
and shot his girlfriend five times in the chest

Oscar Pistorius (x6)