Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

The mystery of the Ultimate Doom poster...

http://www.doomworld.com/pageofdoom/graphics/UltimateDoomPoster.jpg

Everything seems normal enough, right? I'm sure you've seen this a thousand times, maybe it's even hanging on your wall. But there's something very weird, near the lower right.

Who the #$%* is Dave L. Taylor???

I mean, yeah, Shakespeare spelled his own name two different ways, and all that, but still... has anybody ever noticed this before?

Hellbent said:

Congratulations you win a prize.

You didn't really think I don't know who Dave Taylor is, did you? The point I am making is that the name signed on the poster says Dave L. Taylor, not D. Signing your name wrong is a really weird mistake for somebody to make.

If that's the case, he forgot to dot the "i".

Quasar said:

The point I am making is that the name signed on the poster says Dave L. Taylor, not D. Signing your name wrong is a really weird mistake for somebody to make.

To my eye that "L" looks more like a lowercase "d", though that's an odd way to sign a name.

Cursive unfinished "D" most likely. It's a signature, they're not perfect cursive, they are usually unique to each person so perhaps that's his little quirk.

It does look like "Dave L Taylor" to me, with the L partly overlapping the e.

A cursive D wouldn't have the upper u-shaped arc, and the vertical bar would be more, well, vertical. And of course, the arc on the right would go all the way to the top. A cursive d is basically like a cursive a with a higher vertical bar, this letter has more loops and arcs than a cursive d.

Furthermore, he hasn't used cursive for the D in Dave. It's quite clearly not the same letter.

It looks exactly like how I was taught to draw cursive L in primary school.

j4rio said:

It looks more like DoveL Jayln.

Jotn Romeso
Kevin Clond
Jotn Curvush
αlonna Gackson
Xanerican Nibee

dew said:

Jotn Romeso
Kevin Clond
Jotn Curvush
αlonna Gackson
Xanerican Nibee

No sign of Cernel Joson?

Gez said:

It does look like "Dave L Taylor" to me, with the L partly overlapping the e.

A cursive D wouldn't have the upper u-shaped arc, and the vertical bar would be more, well, vertical. And of course, the arc on the right would go all the way to the top. A cursive d is basically like a cursive a with a higher vertical bar, this letter has more loops and arcs than a cursive d.

Furthermore, he hasn't used cursive for the D in Dave. It's quite clearly not the same letter.

It looks exactly like how I was taught to draw cursive L in primary school.

The most damning evidence for it NOT being a D is that you'd have to write it backward, in a very unnatural motion.