Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
u9whg9uwnhgiq

E1M4 Ledge Jump....

Doomhuntress said:

aren't you supposed to reach it the OTHER WAY around? the ledge is accessible from the room on the other side.

Yeah I know, but I'm pretty sure you can get on the ledge that is to the left of the picture

darkpixelblade said:

Yeah I know, but I'm pretty sure you can get on the ledge that is to the left of the picture

Probably, but I'm unfamiliar with most of the crazy maneuvers some of the local Doom-wizards are capable of pulling off.

You can reach it, Romero himself mentioned it a long time ago. You bypass the blue key with this jump, although it's not the optimal route for most speedruns.

it wasn't until just now I thought that ledge was there so that they could have that drainage pipe there, but it's under a window anyway so it wouldn't repeat vertically anyway.

40oz said:

it wasn't until just now I thought that ledge was there so that they could have that drainage pipe there, but it's under a window anyway so it wouldn't repeat vertically anyway.

I think the ledge is there to prevent NUKESLAD from repeating.

You need to straferun. That is, run forward and sidestep at the same time. This gives you a greater running speed. It takes some getting used to, because it means that you are moving at a different angle from the way you are facing.

This particular jump just requires normal straferunning (called strafe-40) - no need for strafe-50, which is a little trickier to implement. However, using strafe-40 means that you need to be lined up fairly accurately. Practice straferunning in a big open area before you try to use it for trick jumps.

More info about E1M4.

Oh, and read the image-posting rules in the FAQ. The image you posted in [img] tags was too big.