Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
levir

favorite energy drinks

I'm cracked out on 3 amps right now with the 4th in a couple of hours. usually I like extra strength monster.

anyone else gotten to the point they require this stuff?

I had a thing for Red Bull and Mother for a while before I realised that the only reason I was drinking it is for the short energy hit while ignoring the shitty taste. I stick to classic Coke now, it tastes good and that's all I want from a beverage.

Black light-medium roast coffee freshly ground with a burr grinder and brewed with a french press.

Fuck energy drinks. Puts you to grave faster than cigarettes.

Coffee, strong and dark, no milk, no sugar. Daily dosage of two cups, not including ones you have in your work place. Best what you can get.

Sugar is a pernicious substance that slowly does all kinds of damage. Energy should come from sleeping and a good diet, not something that makes you fat and rots your teeth.

...Not that I don't have to have two sugars in my sacred mug of coffee in the morning.

I'll have the odd energy drink every now and then, I'm quite partial to a lemon ice Relentless and Red Bull. Most of my energy comes from tea and I also find that the morning cigarette gets me up a bit.

levir said:

I'm cracked out on 3 amps right now

Huh?

Frequenting audiophile forums for so long made me think that you were listening to some music on an amp that draws 3 amps of current, and thus would be quite powerful ;-)

As for my favourite energy drinks, I always buy the LIDL quite unoriginally named "Mixxed Up Energy Drink" line with some OMF-like dancers. They are about 1/3rd of the price of Red Bull, and the ingredients are exactly the same. Most of those drinks also taste exactly the same (like cough syrup).

In the past they also had "Freeway Energy Dring" with a tiger logo, and a "Sitting Bull" energy drink (maybe it gives you super-sitting energy?).

Here's the complete LIDL energy drink lineup. Some of those I'm familiar with, others not so much.

Oh yeah, almost forgot that in Finland, we got some nutfuck subculture about this stuff. Makes me say: 22 and I am too old for this kind of shit.

Jeesus ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.

Unless you have a Salmiakki energy drink, I'm not impressed. OK, I'm aware of this one, which surely gives you some sort of energy, but I don't think it counts ;-)

One of the most interesting energy drink I had was one made of organic stuff, stinging nettle being one of the ingredient. Not bad stuff at all.

Coffee in the morning, coffee in the evening, coffee at supper time. When coffee's on a bagel you can eat coffee any time!

wait what

BlackFish said:

*Muthafuckin' Bawls*

Too bad they're virtually nowhere these days. (besides the internet)

Damn, I remember when they used to have those at college. I missed that so much once it disappeared from the shelves.

I still have the occasional red bull or monster energy drink, but mostly I stick to good coffee/espresso. I'll also buy a Starbucks Double-Shot in a can for days when I need a good extra few hours of energy

The only* flavour of energy drink I enjoyed on its own was Full Throttle Blue Demon. After those disappeared off the shelves, I only grab whatever catches my eye on rare occasions where I desperately need to stay awake. Other than that, I buy cheap $1 cans of Rip-It or Red Rain to make Jagbombs with.

EDIT: Actually there's a Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink that I tried once that was better than that.

They sell Bawls at Costco. :) Loves me some Bawls.

Anyway, I sort of bounce around between drinks. I always drink coffee, but right now I'm drinking a lot of sugar-free Rockstar as well. I also like sugar-free Red Bull and diet Coke, but haven't had them in a while.

I've been gifted with perfect caffeine immunity, so I'll say anything that doesn't taste like shit.

In other words, none of them.

I constantly run off of energy drinks...combined with Aderall that I have to take, I can get pretty amped.

This is probably the only one I drink...mostly. My GF gets me a lot of drinks from Thailand, but those really kick my ass.

I've noticed it's only the 'bros' that buy the energy drinks at my work. Not only do we have neds, but we seem to have bros too now. Thanks American culture. :/

Also I can't take a drink seriously when it's flavours are 'ripper', 'khaos' and 'origin'! I drink a lot of Pepsi Max though, can't stand coffee and tea.

Only one I'm man enough for:

All-natural ingredients, the nastiest thing in it being sugar. None of that cardiac-arresting synthesised taurine shit.