Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

lets make a BAD megawad.

So we somewhat have 21 maps. But I would expect some more high quality bad-ness and creativity, like in "i would sacrifice my soul to be with these girls" or some of my stuff. And longer. Otherwise it'd be nowhere near as good as Mock was.
And seriously, play and review people, otherwise it makes no sense!

I think I agree with Scypek that my second entry isn't good (bad?) enough, please remove it from the submission list.

Scypek2 said:

So we somewhat have 21 maps. But I would expect some more high quality bad-ness and creativity, like in "i would sacrifice my soul to be with these girls" or some of my stuff. And longer. Otherwise it'd be nowhere near as good as Mock was.
And seriously, play and review people, otherwise it makes no sense!

this is not meant to be like mock, this is literally a guide of what not to do, a display of people going out of their way to make shite, but I am working on my own submission.
Memfis: let me just delete it from the folder.

Doomguy racing will turn into it's own form of work, so is going to have it's own thread in time.
The ruba can stay because it's a ruba map(ish)

mrthejoshmon said:

this is not meant to be like mock, this is literally a guide of what not to do, a display of people going out of their way to make shite

So my maps may not actually fit there as well as I thought. I actually thought about doing my own community project before.

Hold on! I have the perfect level to fit this project: Level 26 ("House of Fury") of my Megawad release, UAC Enterprises!

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.219

I myself admit that level 26 is the worst level I've made (though I still appreciate parts of it)

However, I doubt other players (especially speedrunners or those trying to get 100% of everything!) will enjoy it in the slightest-

When you have multiple rooms, which consist of raising and lowering platforms you have to jump across in order to avoid instant death pits, all while rocket turrets shoot you from every direction, just to learn you didn't need the key from that room to beat the level anyways- you have yourself one frustrating, annoying experience!

I'm sure this level will be hated by those who don't like using save-states, either, as much of it is nearly instant death if you don't get the timing right. I know I hated getting through it without saves!

Scypek2 said:

So my maps may not actually fit there as well as I thought. I actually thought about doing my own community project before.

Its not about what it is, its about it being bad, if you think its bad, then it fits the role, if its meant to be bad, it fits the role, if the texturing is bad, it fits the role, heck even monster placement can make it fit the role!

I still think it's not what I'm thinking about. I'll send my last submission anyway (this one is actually meant to be bad).

Scypek2 said:

I still think it's not what I'm thinking about. I'll send my last submission anyway (this one is actually meant to be bad).

ok, I have started putting the maps into one wad but it is being an ass, have to change them from map01 to map09, 08 07 ECT.
obake: thats a quite decent megawad you have got there, I can't see anything wrong with it, but none the less map 26 is now added.

Hold on. Before you finish compiling, I have one last level entry to send in (though I'll have to get it uploaded to Wadhost first, which may take awhile.)

It is one of the earliest levels I ever made, long before I really knew what I doing with Doom Builder-

The only reason I didn't consider it for the project was that I thought deleted it awhile ago. Luckily, it's still there.

Let's just say this map is noobish, horrifically designed, and aggravating all at the same time. I hope I can send it in on time to make this project (my other entries are okay, but they don't quite fit the same amount of criteria of being bad as this map does)

I'll try to have a link to it within the next day or two. It will be highly worth it.

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.227

There you go.

It's actually three old maps, though the first two included are not all that interesting. But the third map, map 06, is an all out bizarre, horrendous mess of a level, which should fit perfect for this megawad.

I apologize for entering so many levels one after another, so I will make this the last submission to this particular project.

obake said:

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.227

There you go.

It's actually three old maps, though the first two included are not all that interesting. But the third map, map 06, is an all out bizarre, horrendous mess of a level, which should fit perfect for this megawad.

I apologize for entering so many levels one after another, so I will make this the last submission to this particular project.

ok, it seems I have enough for the wad now, submissions are closed, I am now working on putting the maps together.

"Submissions are closed" -- with no deadline or announcement? If this was any other sort of project, I'm sure people would find issue with that.

mrthejoshmon said:

^fuck it, let me give a dead line... friday sound good?

Setting deadlines... Not for the fainthearted... :P

Also @Scypek. Thanks for the playthrough/review on my level man. Appreciated.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Also @Scypek. Thanks for the playthrough/review on my level man. Appreciated.

you're welcome:) Would you review my stuff too? I would like to hear anything about them.

And I forgot to mention, my Bioshock Infinite map is on map20 slot.

Bioshock infinite was fun, wacky but fun. Completed on first attempt but only got half kills/secrets

I can't wait to see how this whole megawad turns out.

Since others have asked for reviews of their contributions, I might as well ask if anyone would review the last few maps I sent in (especially the "House of Fury", if possible.)

If I can get proper permissions to download certain files, I would be more than willing to review other people's entries, as well.

I am just going to say that the wad is looking great so far, however I am warning you that map names and in some cases music will not be saved, I have to change nearly all (minus a few) into different map numbers... I got to say, its a real cluster-fuck of variety! but an issue occurred making then non vanilla compatible :C oh well the project will continue just that it has broken my own rules :P if I do find out the problem i will be sure to fix it, also who submitted a map with custom things, I will have to find out which wad it was and insert them into the wad, also I like what you did with the marines, but I think that's what broke its vanilla side, but meh its a feature, and who in their right mind would want to play a BAD megawad ;)

I guess my map should come separately since it replaces some weapon sprites an HUD graphics? Although it would be hilarious if you included them in the main wad.

Memfis said:

I guess my map should come separately since it replaces some weapon sprites an HUD graphics? Although it would be hilarious if you included them in the main wad.

hey, maybe I should include them, think of the amount of irritation and nausea it would add, further adding to the concept of it being BAD :)