Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Tango TV [BLOODSHEDDER IS THE MAN]

TTV presents (in association with nobody in particular) Program B, a hats-off weekly/fortnightly talk show that seeks to discuss with much gusto a variety of key topics and drama... and with no shortage of opinion. We feel that this could be an effective way to keep the TTV truck rolling through bouts of interview drought -- a sort of valuable void filler if you will.

This will also serve as an opportunity for listeners to post their own opinions on the subject matter, hopefully to the end that they might be torn to pieces amidst a flurry of controversial standpoints and general bickering. We think you'll agree that an oft' discussed program is a program with style, and we promise you no less for this hour plus delve into the workings of the doom community and its output.

So join myself, Tarnsman, and special guest Pavera on Friday the 22th for a whole host of different subject matters including:

• Community projects; their trends and impact
  • The "team" ideology
  • Modern attitudes to Doom
  • Tangents!
  • Beards!
  • Drama!
If you have anything you would like to say on any of these topics and would like to hear them launched on the panel, PM me and I'll be sure to work them in!

st.alfonzo said:

22th

I don't know how to pronounce this with my stupid american brain

Ooooh, I've been upgraded from 'guest' to special guest status. This party is gonna be off the hook.

How the hell have I missed this until now? There are some interviews with legendary Doomers.. I'm going to get caught up!

Episode 1 of TTV's Program B has been released to the masses and is awaiting your review! Pull up a seat and get ready as myself, Tarnsman, and guest star Pavera babble, bitch, bicker and banter our way through the subject of community projects, the ways in which mapping styles evolve, mapping teams, and a whole mess of other jazz.

>> Download <<

Next week's episode will be focused on source port features, and the way in which they shape our gameplay experience and influence the community. We encourage you to submit via PM your rants, ravings and lengthy tirades on this topic. We'll be sure to read them out and discuss them in depth. Alternatively, if you'd like to feature on the program as our guest speaker then shout it out here and we'll see if we can fit you in!

It's also probably worth noting that Tarnsman was mapping throughout the entirety of the episode(!), and that this isn't in any way an irregular feat for him...: we're toying with the idea of setting up a stream showing Tarns' mapping during the recording of the show both to satisfy the "TV" part of the channel's title as well as offer the viewers an opportunity to pitch in and provide feedback on the fly.

In the mean time, enjoy! Grow a beard!

Been listening through these, very interesting stuff. Was wondering why they weren't up on youtube yet before actually downloading any and seeing the length of some of them, heh.

Also, consider me volunteered as an interviewee, if you'll have me :P

darkreaver said:

I was thinking, maybe Little Temple could interview themselves/himself.

"Hello, and welcome to TempleTV. I'm your host, LittleTemple, and my special guest today is LittleTemple."

:P

valkiriforce said:

So who are the next upcoming candidates? I'm looking forward to hearing 40oz and NaturalTvventy's interview if that ever happens.

An interview with 40oz is still on the cards for some time in the future, and if you'd like to you can go ahead and PM some questions for the show. We're having a little bit of back and forth attempting to assemble a suitable time, but rest assured! Otherwise, an interview with your good self and Mr. Tvventy could well be in order, as well as a well overdue episode with kristus and/or Khorus should they still be interested.

These are exciting times for the TTV Broadcasting Corporation. We're upsizing our studio here at Priest Rapids, Washington, having recently secured a healthy sum to play with from the Jay Wilburforce Trust Fund. Expect a large turn up in quality as well as some bigger names and faces as we dive head first into Doom community stardom.[/sell it]

Put on your boots, Doomworld. Mapping legend and 2012 Cacoward winner Adam "Khorus" Woodmansey is on the cards and slated for an interview this Saturday the 2nd! Fork over some questions via PM and we'll be sure to read them out. You know we think you want to.

Also don't forget to rock up for Friday's Program B event, staring mysterious guest X and our very own in-house Tarnsman on the topic of source ports, their features, and how it reflects/effects the community and changes the gameplay experience in modern .wads.

and out of fucking nowhere, 40oz shows up!

Sorry about not being very responsive about making time to schedule an interview, but over the past few days I edited together a little monologue (about an hour and ten minutes) talking about doom stuff. enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?vl0xrsdp7uef0n0

Also this is a temporary host, if someone could host a mirror for it that would be grand.

Not very, but what I've got done so far I'm really proud of.

oh sheet man! well alright, cool 40oz. will give it a listen myself and stick it in the OP. mediafire is the only host we've got so far until i manage to shrink everything down to less than 30MB so that podbean will accept it

Looking forward to hearing the Khorus one, listening to the one with Essel now.

As for the last question to Essel pertaining to Space DM9. It's from my perspective a project, that while looking really good really shows how poorly Doom works even today with vertical game play. Jumppads, fake 3d briges etc. It's just not very good for playing in Doom. Not solid enough and not acting predictably enough for anyone interested in competetive game play to spend any time on it.

That, and the complexities of the architecture makes the game run slower than it would need to do. Playing competetively you don't want to spend time on a map that got lots of stuff that only serv to slow down your computer and make the experience act aginst your favor. Doom already lacks precision as it is, making it run slower only adds to this problem.

Slightly overdue but nonetheless no worse for wear, here is the highly anticipated interview with Khorus! Unfortunately we didn't receive any questions to ask the man, which is a crying shame, but much interesting ground was covered in this hour long segment. Tune in for a concise and detailed account of his mapping history, discipline, love of Strife, and for a discussion on the nature of community projects -- a sort of encore to the topic highlighted during the first episode of Program B last week.

>>Download<< [49mb]

Also pending upload at this moment is episode 2 of Program B, in which myself, Tarnsman and mystery person "X" delve into the matter of source port features and the like. Be sure to check it out!

The tagline for next week's discussion will be "Multiplayer", featuring dew! More information on that later.

I remember a long time ago someone made a live internet radio station that was basically a playlist of all Doom music remixes. I personally checked on it once in a while but became bored with it because it was playing PSX Doom music most of the time.

How did that person do that? is there a website for that?

The reason I ask is because maybe it would be cool to arrange these interviews into a playlist and make an actual Doom Radio station kinda like what Bank had always dreamed of, without the need to be updated constantly.

The playlist would pick tracks randomly, usually Doom music remixes, but within the playlist there would also be Doom mapper interviews so it would be a combination of music and talk radio. Maybe we could arrange some fake doom related ads to be played in between too just for fun.

Since we have hours and hours of content already, it probably won't get old too fast, and if ya keep it up, you'd be able to update the playlist every other week or so with new stuff to listen to.

do you mean cyberreality's doom radio @ liquid doom?

also i found these podcasts to be my new favourite thing to listen to when walking my dog, taking a dump, going to work (ordered by popularity)... just be more concrete. sometimes there are segments where you guys, as us czechs say, contemplate the immortality of the may bug by looking for the deeper meaning underlying our whole doom existence. those should be rare moments, imo, everything else should be riddled with examples. :P

40oz said:

I remember a long time ago someone made a live internet radio station that was basically a playlist of all Doom music remixes. I personally checked on it once in a while but became bored with it because it was playing PSX Doom music most of the time.

How did that person do that? is there a website for that?

The reason I ask is because maybe it would be cool to arrange these interviews into a playlist and make an actual Doom Radio station kinda like what Bank had always dreamed of, without the need to be updated constantly.

The playlist would pick tracks randomly, usually Doom music remixes, but within the playlist there would also be Doom mapper interviews so it would be a combination of music and talk radio. Maybe we could arrange some fake doom related ads to be played in between too just for fun.

Since we have hours and hours of content already, it probably won't get old too fast, and if ya keep it up, you'd be able to update the playlist every other week or so with new stuff to listen to.

This sounds badass.

Listening to the one with Tarnsman and Pavera now. It's pretty interesting, more interesting than straight up interviews. A bit frustrating to not be able to take part in the discussion though.

i'm also finding that Program B seems generally more interesting. less focus on the people, more focus on interesting things. that's not to say that interviewing people isn't interesting, because it certainly is and that's where the idea came from in the first place. but i do like the idea of just talking about things like this rather than going into it with the notion that "we have to make sure we cover x y and z about this person so that we get enough info and are fair to all other interviewees" etc etc

dew said:

do you mean cyberreality's doom radio @ liquid doom?

Yeah that's it! I guess it's not as easy as it sounds though. I did some searching for putting up live playlist streams and it would need a constantly running server that someone would need to be generous enough to provide.

Whatever would TTV be without ridiculously delayed podcasts? A better broadcasting enterprise, probably. But no matter, for Program B episode 2 is here and ready to caress your ears with discussions about source port features and source ports, with host regular Tarnsman and cross-community diplomat Xaser or Yor!

Also keep an ear out for a warranted tangent on the French language. It's not the language of love, people. It's the accent.

>> Download <<

Coming up tomorrow is episode 3 of the program, discussing multiplayer, Doom as an e-sport, and other related topics such as the IDL. Once again, you can PM any thoughts you have on the subject (perhaps commenting on a possible segregation between communities, for example) to be read out and discussed during the program.

Also much worth bringing to your attention is the looming interview with kristus!, which should be slated for some time next weekend. Tango could even be present for this one, heh. PM me questions for the mapping god!