• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archy

Thousands of Dead Pigs Found in Chinese River

Tango said:

contagion anyone

The New York Times said:

Shanghai Waterworks, which manages the city’s tap water, said Sunday night that the water still met drinking standards...

Hmm... who to believe...
I'm boiling my water regardless.

When I was in Shanghai everywhere we went either had no running water or there were signs saying to boil it. Maybe they tell the locals the stuff is drinkable and tell foreign tourists it isn't. :/

Maybe it's just common knowledge that everything needs to be boiled and thus "drinkable" translates to "non-toxic after boiled."

Who knows...

What killed these pigs? Of course those Chemical factories, as well as pollution!!!

These kind of cases doesn't occurs only in Shanghai, but everywhere in China now. I remember in Xian, some villagers attack a Chemical Plant because the pollutants led thousands of villagers nearby suffer from cancer. And then I visit Henan when I was a child, Huanghe(Yellow River) smells!!! Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province is my hometown, I love the beautiful scene of Xihu(West Lake) the 1st time visit. But how about now? It's polluted and Hangzhou already over-urbanisated, the air quality is getting poor.

Even animals didn't contaminated, food in Mainland China stil disguising, food safety is totally crap there. In Beijing, people there eat fried cockroaches too!

Aliotroph? said:

When I was in Shanghai everywhere we went either had no running water or there were signs saying to boil it. Maybe they tell the locals the stuff is drinkable and tell foreign tourists it isn't. :/

This happens in whole China. This is because running water in China is a piece of shit, already contaminated since early 90s. In HK, water usually from Mainland China. The communist government said that HK people will not get any water without them after protests of those fuckers visiting HK doing crap things. So? HK people just don't fucking want their shit water.

And one more crap related. In Beijing, the sewerage system is a piece of crap, it was said that drainage system there are fake, it's much worst than Qing Dynasty.

So China think that rapid economy growth is so important eh? Then why don't solve all these craps? Corruption?

Death Egg said:

What a waste of bacon.

What makes you think it's gonna be wasted? Boiled and chopped up, the very least they make excellent pet food.

Well, China is a pretty industrial place now isn't it? I've never been to Asia, as the farthest I've gone was the far left of Europe. (France and such) I live in Canada.

I'm not part of Peta or anything, but I feel bad for those pigs. Whoever, or whatever did that should be DESYTROYED!

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

This happens in whole China. This is because running water in China is a piece of shit, already contaminated since early 90s. In HK, water usually from Mainland China. The communist government said that HK people will not get any water without them after protests of those fuckers visiting HK doing crap things. So? HK people just don't fucking want their shit water.

I noticed this in other cities too. It was depressing to see the highways into the cities lined with pretty flowers while the buildings had no running water. On the other hand, it was hilarious to see buildings with no running water using motion-sensitive flushing mechanisms in their bathrooms.

Maes said:

What makes you think it's gonna be wasted? Boiled and chopped up, the very least they make excellent pet food.

I'm not sure I'd want it fed to my dog if it's contaminated with something. They're hardy beasts, but not indestructible.

Then again, I don't want to know what actually goes into processed pet food.

Aliotroph? said:

I noticed this in other cities too. It was depressing to see the highways into the cities lined with pretty flowers while the buildings had no running water. On the other hand, it was hilarious to see buildings with no running water using motion-sensitive flushing mechanisms in their bathrooms.

Because Mainland China only focus on hardware but not software! Here are 10 examples:

1. Some Mainland Chinese fucking rich, but their personality and attitude is much worst than a dog.
2. A lot of cities in Mainland China is full of high-rise buildings, but the inner side is full of rubbish, pollution too!
3. The communist government claims that China is a very rich and developed country, but people who are really rich is less than 20%.
4. Buffets in Mainland China's local 5-star hotels are totally crap, people there snatch their food and there's smoke and rubbish everywhere.
5. New things will become shitty less than a year in Mainland China.
6. It seems that there's a lot of Chinese Culture in Mainland China, however most of them are rubbish.
7. The communist government keeps saying that Chinese Culture should be taught in Mainland China, and it's important. If that's so, then fuck that bastard Chairman Mao back to hell first you son of a bitch!!! And why don't you taught those students real things about Traditional Chinese Culture rather than those god damn communist things by brain-washing?
8. The Shanghai Expo, a new high-tech litter bin is shown, however all of them are useless.
9. Don't eat food in Mainland China which is "beautifully-shown", it will have a chance it made by disguising junk or from chemical process.
10. Buildings in Mainland China aren't safe, it will collapse easily.

There's still a lot of crap things in Mainland China, I only stated less than 1%, and it's increasing sharply. You can ask me if you want to know more about Mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore.

DoomUK said:

I'm not sure I'd want it fed to my dog if it's contaminated with something. They're hardy beasts, but not indestructible.

Like you could tell, once it's dried up and laden with a ton of preservatives and color + smell enhancers (BTW, those are there mainly for the owners ;-)

DoomUK said:

Then again, I don't want to know what actually goes into processed pet food.

Knowing that about 25% of it is roadkill, is a good start. That 5-11% "ash residue" stated on most packaging should also give further clues.

That's just disgusting, I don't think even India would do such a thing either.

Mr. Chris said:

That's just disgusting, I don't think even India would do such a thing either.

Nah, you'd just find human bodies floating down the river. In their defense, wood is expensive there.

EDIT: Here's a site with some images. Note: That site documents an arrangement of posts found on different Chinese forums. Boy, you'd think they were sitting on jade high-horses.

Archy said:

God damn Technician, that's fucking disgusting.

India (and to an extent, Pakistan and Bandladesh) are nothing but large Gypsy countries, with all the "good" stuff that come with it. I wonder how can some people wear white clothes/shirts and apparently keep them spotless amid such filth.

Archy said:

God damn Technician, that's fucking disgusting.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

WTF India? This is holy shit!!!

It's Hindu tradition to burn a deceased's body and spread it's ashes in the Ganges river. Sadly, with wood being very expensive there, a lot of impoverished people cannot afford to cremate their dead, so they simply throw the corpse into the river. And even in the best of circumstances, cremating a person without a kiln will just leave a chard corpse, and that, too, gets thrown into the river.

This seems the ideal drink to wash down the drowned rotten chinese pigs, while "dining" in a restaurant on the Ganges:

Speaking of the Ganges:

The Ganges[4] (pron.: /ˈɡændʒiːz/ gan-jeez) or Ganga (IPA: [ˈɡəŋɡaː] ( listen)), is a trans-boundary river of India and Bangladesh. The 2,525 km (1,569 mi) river rises in the western Himalayas in the Indian state of Uttarakhand[4], and flows south and east through the Gangetic Plain of North India into Bangladesh, where it empties into the Bay of Bengal.

So Bangladesh gets all of India's "goodies" in addition to their own?