Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Doom 2 In Name Only - Now (supsiciously) on a load of gaming articles

Most of the aforementioned were real problems concerning MAP20. And that it doesn't have a coherent style room-by-room, just random textures thrown onto each other.

A nitpick with something shown in mouldy's shots. I can see that rather than using SLOPPYx textures as I suggested, Joe-ilya tackled the switch texture problem by adding the main switch texture. I don't know anyone else but that looks pretty misleading to me, because it is, as indicated by it's texture name, a switch

I'm generally willing to accept the skull face as not a switch, myself. I mean, I always test it when I see one, but if it doesn't turn out to actually be a switch, I'd be fine with that.

Don't worry about it then.

Since downloading the MIDI for it (Joys of Jimmy's powerhouse!) I'm really excited about Xaser's map, and am interested in how long it has until it's finished.

Patientia sit virtus..

cannonball said:

Made the exit portal look different to the teleporter you go into the exit room in.

Ugh but that involves editing my map too! Ah well :P Added it to the OP

cannonball said:

It's called procrastination on the face of having to do massive edits to map15 :P

Don't worry about it, I've been procrastinating MAP22 for about 3 months :S I really need to hurry up with that level.

cannonball said:

It's called procrastination

Well, I've been procrastinating too long then!

Spoiler

I'm not even in the community! :D :D

Eris Falling said:

Don't worry about it, I've been procrastinating MAP22 for about 3 months :S I really need to hurry up with that level.

haha crikey it really has been that long. That scares me for non dooming related stuff :/
Don't worry about it. I promised myself I would have a full 3 episode doom megawad out by now. Not happened haha.

Map14 "The Inmost Dens" is still being worked on - update with screens will be on Friday.

Speaking of updates, here's a few new scenes from Un-Doom Wolfmap:

Ramparts and Well, now with 100% more grey brick monotexturing!

Great shots Xaser!
Nice architecture and color composition.

Regarding progress... the last path has been implemented. It's enough and I'm pretty amused by how complicated the map's layout appears.

Xaser:

Looks beautiful. Maybe CEIL3_5 is a bit too "artificial" for a castle look, but how you feel it.

Joseph Lord said:

Second version of map24
ENJOY

http://www.speedyshare.com/8J5NJ/map24.wad

-Watch out for tuttis(vanilla/choco only tiles correctly if e.g. the texture is 128 in height!)

-when I retreat from the nukage(where the towers with the eye switches reside) towards the elevator and try to activate it I get...

Map24
only really played the start.
Inconsistent use of damaging floors irks quite a few people. Having non-damaging slime in one place and damaging in another is annoying. I would considering platforming is involved to make the slime non-damaging like at the start of the map.
You need to add a couple more teleporters in the large flesh/slime room as you can get stuck (area around the yellow key door for example)
Are you supposed to be able to kill the hellknight horde near the start? I would suggest adding more ammo as relying on killing them after entering the teleporter will probably cause some grief.
That's all for now.

Is there a warning counter that when filled causes the mapper to drop out? :o I hope not.

Map 24 appears to be a bit fucked for me, testing in prboom: i get to the first green slime room with the 2 eye switches, the switch on the left doesn't seem to make sector 561 go downwards, rather it goes instantly up to the ceiling. Not sure why. Then if you go back to the previous lift and press line 4160 the lift doesn't go down, but random pieces of scenery do instead (probably because the linedef isn't tagged). This seems to be the case with a lot of other lifts so I can't really test it out properly, but I would also suggest losing the damaging floor, its punishment enough falling down there and the platforms are so thin that it is destined to happen a lot.

Joseph Lord said:

Second version of map24
ENJOY

I could enjoy it only until I was forced to quit due to visplane overflow. But that was at least more or less prettily done.

joe-ilya said:

Why not?

Most bad nitpicks still haven't been corrected, that's why. Or, if done about, the result doesn't look better than before (for example, the light barriers in the brown area).

cannonball said:

Got drunk tonight...

...and unlike Glenzinho, didn't send me a funny PM. I'm disappointed in you CB :P

Gave MAP22 a new start area, a mini-catacomb behind where you start in the version from the maplist. It's sort a tomb holding the MAP21-22 skypit. It all fleshed over though, so no going back :P. I'll probably edit the entrance to it to make it look more like a breakout.

Eris Falling said:

...and unlike Glenzinho, didn't send me a funny PM. I'm disappointed in you CB :P
[/url]

Nah those days are over for me. Older and wiser now ;)