Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

No need to repackage existing files (unless you want to). But if things are more consistent, then it makes things easier for users of this forum.

You should be able to make zip files with 7zip - just tell it to make a zip file, rather than a 7z file. Or use WinZip, of course.

So, I was flicking through the DSDA and was pleasantly surprised to see demos for Hacx on there but disappointed due to the lack of demos (especially UV). So, here's a UV Max for Map03 in 6:04, not as fast as I like it too be but I plan to do a lot of UV Max demos for a long, forgotten IWAD. This requires 1.2.

hac03m604.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

I love this music, is it from a game?

This midi was also used in map29 from 3 Heures d'agonie and the readme for that wad says that it was taken from something called "Tides 2". However, I couldn't find a game or a movie of that name.

It's also in slaughterfest 2012 (map12 I think) but have no textfile information on the origins of the song either.

Hey Daiyu, if you rename the wad you're recording on please inform us, ok? :) I had to open one of your demos with notepad to figure out what is going on.

Memfis said:

Hey Daiyu, if you rename the wad you're recording on please inform us, ok? :) I had to open one of your demos with notepad to figure out what is going on.

hmm..........This wad actually named as Egyptwad in DSDA, but the author named it as KNEEPAUL.WAD. He haven't explain the reason in his text file. I also find the name of this wad in wad file same as Egyptian Doom, so I was forced to change it to "Egyptian" since "Egypt" already exists.

As for KNEE, it actually the code(Created by myself) for this wad. I use EYTD before I uploaded these 3 demos, but I found out that the author used KNEEPAUL.WAD as the name, so I change it to KNEE. [KNEE-12-13-15]-[247-224-342] actually means "KNEEPAUL.WAD E1M2 in 2:47", "KNEEPAUL.WAD E1M3 in 2:24" and "KNEEPAUL.WAD E1M5 in 3:42" respectively.

Other codes created by me included EPC2(Epic 2), SCY2(Scythe 2), DMP(Doomworld Mega-Project 2012), VF(Vile-Flesh) and CC(Community Chest) etc.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

I also find the name of this wad in wad file same as Egyptian Doom, so I was forced to change it to "Egyptian" since "Egypt" already exists.

That's what confused me, it took some time to figure out that I have to rename the wad so I could watch the demos by simply double clicking on them. (without selecting egypt.wad in the launcher) If you have told us that you renamed the wad, everything would be easier! :)

Memfis said:

That's what confused me, it took some time to figure out that I have to rename the wad so I could watch the demos by simply double clicking on them. (without selecting egypt.wad in the launcher) If you have told us that you renamed the wad, everything would be easier! :)

Sorry for that, that's the first time for me to do renaming of wads. I also think that the author should give an explanation in his text file why the name of this wad in DSDA and text file is different. And it seems that there's no relationship with Egypt when I play these 3 maps and read the text file(But not for Egyptian Doom).

Sadhus pacifist movie run in 2:41. Credit to The Green Herring as I re-watched his UV Speed run just before this. Thought of doing something.... different but never again. Easily beatable but I think just looking at this wad has me tripping. Not doing anymore to this.

shctp241.zip

Heh, not the most convenient way to watch a demo. Separate file would be better (although you can extract it with XWE anyway so it's not a big deal).
---------------
Kaneko's Lament
UV-Max in 0:29

This map has no exit so I just quit the game after killing the last monster.

knko-029.zip

Four demos for Hell 2 Pay map 01: UV Speed in 0:24, Pacifist in 0:38, UV Fast (my second fast demo, sorry I suck at -fast parameter) in 1:35 and finally, a respawn in 1:22. The last two demos are in the pacifist folder.

h2p01s024.zip

Great demo, knew it wouldn't be long before someone else came along and did a non TAS version. I was going to start one, but kept forgetting the routes hence why I recorded in sections. I see you also went some alternate routes as well and actually saved ammo.

After watching hilarious japanese "let's play" of Mario 3 on 4x speed I tried to play Doom the same way using prboom-plus' speed up function. Here are my demos for e1m1-e1m4 (not max/speed/etc, just trying to survive). Obviously you should watch on the same speed. I don't think I'll do any more of these since the gameplay didn't turn out as entertaining as in Mario, probably because there is no time limit so the best strategy is to simply take things very slowly.

e1m1-e1m4-4x-mem.zip

Funny, that reminded me of my speed stroller suggestion.

If you're looking for new and weird categories to try. You may find these threads interesting:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32296
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30066
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19677

There's also the "UV Stuck" category where the aim is to exploit some map glitch and get yourself stuck one way or another in the shortest time possible. I recorded a few more like this a while back.

hah, UV-Crab and UV-Stuck sound hilarious. I think I'll try and record a crab-style demo just for shits