Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

QuakeBlast, the new review site for games and mods!

EDIT: Ok everybody, a lot has changed in regards to this site.

Because of my real life worries and the fact that my time and effort has been streched thin over large amounts of games (I mod for lots of games other then just Quake) I have decided to make some radical changes to the site.

Instead of only being about Quake or user made content for that game, this site is now about all video games in general (though there is still a special focus on certain games such as Doom and Quake, as well as user made content).

The reason for this is that this will make it MUCH more manageable to actively update the site with new content.

The original goal was to make at least 1 update a month as a minimum, but I wasn't able to do even that as a result of both real life and the fact that I had been busy with so many other games. By making the site about ALL games and modding for them in general, I should have no further problems in this regard however.

In addition, I have upgraded the site to a paid model to make it more like a real website. Though it should be noted that the "webs" part of the name might not actually go away until 24-48 hours have passed. In any case, this is now a real website!

Hopefully, the future of the site is much brighter now.

Also, this of course means that I now accept other peoples Doom mods/wads on my site in addition to the Quake mods :)

http://quakeblast.webs.com/

(note that in the next 48 hours the site name will simply be quakeblast.com)

i don't see any reviews on there. fraud!!!

Carnevil said:

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE QUAKE THREADS

needs more wrack threads right :p

Carnevil said:

It's not worthy.

... yet.

Judging from your progess it's getting closer with each update :)

Quake has always been awesome, though I've never once gotten into custom maps for it. Might be worth looking at once in a while

ZIGGURAT VERTIGO 4 LYFE!

Ok guys, I have worked on the same since this morning and its now more or less finished with all important information being on the site pretty much. There will probably still be few minor tweaks or changes here and there though.

Anyone who wants to send me their Quake maps can now do so :)

EDIT: I just posted my first review on the site! Perhaps I will post some more reviews later this weekend :)

Carnevil said:

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE QUAKE THREADS

It's obviously a plea for a bigger quantity of Quake Nights (Though I'd rather Chasm nights honestly)

Clonehunter said:

It's obviously a plea for a bigger quantity of Quake Nights (Though I'd rather Chasm nights honestly)

There are still people who play Chasm? I thought that game was just a mediocre Quake clone.

kristus said:

But the maps are flat as pancakes.

Yah, the maps kinda suck in ebing flat, but I still like them. Almot like, "Wolf3D f it had multiplayer and 3D models"

I still love the game

Carnevil said:

It's not worthy.

... yet.

Grrr... I want to buy Wrack so bad, but yeah, I don't know if it's "worthy" or not... -_-'

Ok everybody, a lot has changed in regards to this site.

Because of my real life worries and the fact that my time and effort has been streched thin over large amounts of games (I mod for lots of games other then just Quake) I have decided to make some radical changes to the site.

Instead of only being about Quake or user made content for that game, this site is now about all video games in general (though there is still a special focus on certain games such as Doom and Quake, as well as user made content).

The reason for this is that this will make it MUCH more manageable to actively update the site with new content.

The original goal was to make at least 1 update a month as a minimum, but I wasn't able to do even that as a result of both real life and the fact that I had been busy with so many other games. By making the site about ALL games and modding for them in general, I should have no further problems in this regard however.

In addition, I have upgraded the site to a paid model to make it more like a real website. Though it should be noted that the "webs" part of the name might not actually go away until 24-48 hours have passed. In any case, this is now a real website!

Hopefully, the future of the site is much brighter now.

Also, this of course means that I now accept other peoples Doom mods/wads on my site in addition to the Quake mods :)