Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Not that anyone cares.................

"so, any new wads grotug?"

"how's your site grotug?"

"how the wads coming along, grotug?"

Lot of people show interest in my wads. But when I check the log to see if they're being downloaded... they're not.

I don't understand this, but I'm posting anyway with the thrilling news that I've uploaded yet another DM map on my site....

So.. umm... if you like to DM, pick your nose... or don't.

You're a great dm mapper, you should advertise your maps more =)

Grotug? GROTUG?!? WTF? While I was working the other day, I was thinking of some names for a storyline, and at the same time, I was thinking of some kids book I used to love, called Grug. Sorted changed the name and went "Grotug". Weird.

Oh, and I haven't been to your site before either... :(

Grotug? GROTUG?!? WTF? While I was working the other day, I was thinking of some names for a storyline, and at the same time, I was thinking of some kids book I used to love, called Grug. Sorted changed the name and went "Grotug". Weird.

Haha :)

You're a great dm mapper, you should advertise your maps more =)

Thanks Erik =) Do you have any suggestions how I might better advertise?

Seriously, if you want people to download the WADs, put up screenshots. I rarely download anything if I haven't seen screenshots of, and that particularly applies to maps.

shit :(, cause my maps aren't really pretty. Just functional as playgrounds for smacking each other round.

However, 'r' as he is known online (I don't know his real name) who often is in Doom Connector after midnight EST took some screenies of my wads. Maybe I'll put em on my site.

I actually have 5 names, but you'll have to go to my site to see em all :p

Hellbent, you might want to fix your web page where it says new2a2 is for map01...it's not, it's for map02.
Also, I was curious what it means when you say you plan to "add wads at my whip".
I see you mentioned "r". His name is Ron, he lives in Texas, and I've really enjoyed playing doom with him in the past. We met on doomserv where we both moderated for a while, way back. Since I got spoiled by csdoom and zdaemon, but r won't use them, my butt will most likely be kikt by him in those choppy direct connect games.

Hellbent said:

I actually have 5 names, but you'll have to go to my site to see em all :p

Let's see if I can name them all. Jason (first name), Chesterules, Hellbent, Grotug, Root (last name) 5... you forgot one buddy: Strange Bird =P

I don't download DM maps by principle, there are just too many, and DM never seems to use them. Plus I don't zdaemon much due to horrible ping.

Pritch: well, then this thread doesn't apply to you but thanks for poking your head in nonetheless :)

Orion: You forgot Jacobi and tug-boat.

jesus, not even I have that many then. mine:
orion
OrioN X NaVaS
NXN
MoRoSe MoOoSe

I got like freaking 20 from school, everyone just loves to give me nicks, here's some: ernie (that's a given with my name), ernbo, E.B. ernmister, ernieMAC, skinhead (I'm not), nazi (again, I'm not), rainy, weeder, scruit, and the others I don't want to bring up =P

The concept of Doomcon that I'm planning in about 2 weeks later in the future......a website I intend to establish but slow in process, in a great need of supportings from the community.

- collections of classic/custom wad reviews
- Doomers' profiles & infos

Hellbent: A good example of map review site - http://planetquake.com/lvl

Hey hellbent I decided to make an image you can use whenever you want, just copy and paste this url whenever you want to advertise one of your levels:

http://www.doomworld.com/evomo/hellbent.gif

And I see you still haven't made a click here to download all my levels in a single zip convenience factor either. Hell, you could toss that link around the forums and get a lot more attention.

Hey dickweasels, this guy's level rocks, I remember this map01 thing he forced on me over AIM a while back, it really popped the crock.

999cop said:

deadnail: this isn't helping.

hellbilly doesn't need any help, he's gansta like dat.

orion said:

hellbilly doesn't need any help, he's gansta like dat.

I suppose he doesn't need a personal speaker to speak for him. He can speak up and ask himself whenever he needs serious help.

999cop said:

I suppose he doesn't need a personal speaker to speak for him. He can speak up and ask himself whenever he needs serious help.

I'm his official body guard, you can ask him. Go ahead, he'll set you straight.

well then there you go, you are only his body guard, not his representative ;p

999cop said:

well then there you go, you are only his body guard, not his representative ;p

I killed and filled in for his representative so I make more money that way =P

deadnail: I think I'll put that image on my website. :p

999cop: that's a nice site. I look forward to your doomcon site.

Thanks everyone for the support and input.

Site's been updated with the corrections Spiffy pointed out, and thanks for r's name, I'll still call him r though. :)

Still haven't added screenshots. I can't stand web publishing. Orion, might you wanna do this? :) I'd mucho mucho mucho appreciado if you did. I'd supply you with the screenies in 320x240 .jpg format, and then you could make a link from the main page with screenies and link under the screenie to download the wad. I'll be on AIM until 3:30pm so hopefully I'll catch ya when you get home from school :)