Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

wads that use friendly A.I's well?

I ran across this in /newstuff and liked the concept. Do any other wads utilize friendly A.I well? And with Zandorum, how good is the pathfinding etc if I were to, say, just setup an offline skirmish, but with all A.I on my team, aka co-op?

Obsidian said:

I dunno, Helm's Deep? I recall friendly Marines were used in that.

I guess that does use them well, but there are hundreds of the things, it's more like commanding an army than playing co-op. The friendlies in Zandorum seem to be as thick as a house brick, too.

The third DSV megawad has friendly monsters (but they don’t work anymore in PrBoom).

There was a wad in /newstuff about six months ago that let you spawn all kinds of friendlies, tanks, the lot. What WAS the name of that wad?

EDIT: Brothers in arms!!!

The Artica series uses some.

There are allied marines in TUTNT (only on the final map), as well as in Stronghold: on the Edge of Chaos (though they are a powerup you have to buy in shops, and IIRC the turrets were generally a better investment).

Hey! thats my wad! :)
now I am still trying to work on it, at one point it had midi's that were one instrument pieces but the file got corrupt :(
I am planning on finishing it but in the mean time I do know of one called Urban slaughter, requires plutonia to run, you call in marines using a radio, I don't know where to get it besides some website called wads in progress or something like that.
EDIT: turns out the thing is down or lost or something, the guys video on it had a link for it though: http://www.mediafire.com/?ohzornztj5z