Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

The new youtube layout sucks!

So youtube change their channel layout again? Alright! It changes frequently these periods. Actually I still like the old 2011 layout. You can change colours of your channel, your picture can be shown in the whole page too! After I was forced to change to 2012 layout, I already hate it. I have difficulties finding a picture with suitable size for the desktop, I need to do the resize and test repeatedly which waste a lot of time. You can't change the colour of your channel too! But it changes again now? WTF the new layout looks ugly! Lucky I able to change it back!

The ugly new layout:

After I Changed it back to the old one, note youtube tell you to upgrade it, as shown in that blue box:

I wonder if anyone agree with me that the new layout is ugly. I know Doomdaniel95 and Tatsurdcacocaco complained before about the 2012 layout.

Vaporizer said:

Also, I like this new channel layout, it's consistent with the rest of the site.

That's about the first thing I noticed about the theme, it's actually sort of interesting.

Navigation around channels seems to be a bit iffy at the moment, but I'm sure part of that's me being used to the old theme. Otherwise, there's really not much for me to be pissed about this time around.

A popular website changed its layout? AND IT WASN'T RECEIVED WELL?!?!?!?! Well, this is a new one.

For the record, no change has happened on this end, yet. Everything looks exactly the same.

well, the one getting replaced was absolute garbage everyone hated ever since it replaced the previous one. and i kinda think the new one is actually a lot more easy to navigate and less.. uh. facebooky?

"Oh, you watched Video X? Might I recommend Video Y, which you already watched last month?"
No. No you may not.

I wonder if it's possible to make some sort of Firefox script that would show the old layout for you.

Bucket said:

"Oh, you watched Video X? Might I recommend Video Y, which you already watched last month?"
No. No you may not.

Better than the recommendations I've been getting lately, which are completely unrelated popular videos.

YouTube needs to go back to, like, three layouts ago or something. I vaguely recall liking one of the updates, but there's been so many now.

I didn't really care about the youtube layout changes up until the most recent one. Doesn't even fill the whole screen, what's up with that? It's 2013, learn2fluidlayouts.

I don't give a dime about layout, since I am always inefficient computer user.
Just stop the random video cutting in middle of the show you shallow cunts.

I've noticed that happening a lot lately too. Not even just on the website, but it also happens on my phone and the woman's iPad. I considered it could just be our internet, but it only happens on youtube.

Simple solution to the dilemma: Ditch YouTube and make an account on Dailymotion.
That's what I did. Although I do miss some of the traffic and how the view counters accumulated faster. *sigh*

188DarkRevived said:

Simple solution to the dilemma: Ditch YouTube and make an account on Dailymotion.
That's what I did. Although I do miss some of the traffic and how the view counters accumulated faster. *sigh*

Unfortunately not all videos that are on youtube are also on Dailymotion. Particularly music that I occasionally browse through when I don't want to download totally legally procure it.

I have learned to tolerate it but I miss having a background. I did make a banner for it however..

I don't know what happened about two weeks ago, but youtube is derping on the searches. I'm looking up the "no more room in hell" HL2 mod (quotes included) and filtering it by latest date, but it brings up tens of thousands of unrelated videos where before, it had maybe four thousand at most. So what the hell?

The thing I hate is that the new youtube channel doesn't look like a user's channel at all. And I unable to get a background!

To find a banner is rather easy, but I really hope to have a background. I like the background I use now, it's beautiful.

I hope youtube can focus youtube users' problems, and suggest some new layouts(Cool and like the one in 2011, have Multi-functions) for users to choose, or just remains unchanged.

Relic said:

Even though this is extremely illogical, youtube claim it's based on satistical evedence about eye movement on the page itself.

I think of the security check of Facebook. If you online facebook at foreign countries, then you are forced to pass though security checks. One of the check is to identify photos tagged by your "friends". This kind of security check is certainly bullshit, but facebook claims that only a few users have problems. I know users can verify their account by phone number, but I haven't use it because of privacy.

Relic said:

It's basically the same story for most major websites...

At least the new layout and functions of deviantart is more user-friendly.

Nevan said:

"The new Youtube layout sucks!"

Same story, every year.

It's unnecessary change, even if people can still access the site and watch stuff in exactly the same manner.

Not that I'm seeing any difference at the moment. It seems the UK is afforded the luxury of the "old" layout for now.

188DarkRevived said:

You know Yahoo! wants to buy Dailymotion, right?

DoomUK said:

Not that I'm seeing any difference at the moment. It seems the UK is afforded the luxury of the "old" layout for now.

It's currently up to the channels to choose which layout they use, although at some point uncle Google is going to force everyone to change.

I hate the layout, I had everything set up:
playlists of all the different games I do.
people I recommend.
Download links to my wads.
background of doomguy.

and what do I get now? some broken layout that requires google+ for it to even look a little bit different or even good!

I remember the layout from 2007, I liked that one

Gez said:

You know Yahoo! wants to buy Dailymotion, right?

I honestly didn't know, but I've always liked Yahoo better than Google.
I used Yahoo Mail instead of Gmail, and YahooMessenger is compatible with MSN.
So even if Yahoo buys Dailymotion then I guess I wouldn't need to worry much.

Don't forget what Yahoo did to Geocities. I still haven't forgiven them for killing MusicMatch Jukebox.

Nomad said:

I didn't really care about the youtube layout changes up until the most recent one. Doesn't even fill the whole screen, what's up with that?

Probably the same reason eBay's layout has shrunk horizontally, to make the site more netpad/tablet friendly.

GreyGhost said:

Probably the same reason eBay's layout has shrunk horizontally, to make the site more netpad/tablet friendly.

Which is pretty lazy, since you've been able to make scaling sites and sites that match specific devices for a long time.

Then again, just visit kotaku.com. So...terrible.