Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zzzornbringer

silence floor_raise/floor_lower?

hey,

i'm currently experimenting with these two functions. of course i already got some of the results i tried to achieve but i was wondering if there is a command or a relatively easy way to remove the sound of the floor rasing/lowering.

in my current experiment i used scripts to create organic movement of floors. but everything sounds like a elevator. of course, i don't want this. there are a lot of small sectors that move up and down. :)

i was thinking about changing the decorate file but i guess this would change the sound for all moving platforms. maybe i need the sound though, so i am looking for a different solution.

thanks for your help.

zzzornbringer said:

i was thinking about changing the decorate file but i guess this would change the sound for all moving platforms.

If you mean ZDoom's DECORATE language, it's for defining new actors, not changing sound sequences. Instead, ZDoom lets you define new sound sequences in a different way.

hey, thanks. i think that's exactly what i was looking for, except i don't know how to apply it.

do i have to put this into a script? how's the syntax? goes this into a txt file, like the decorate file?

i also discovered the floor/ceiling_raisinstant command which works without sound. i just have to write another loop so the stairs move smooth.

writing the script as i write this, so i don't know what's more efficient/easier.

You create new sequences with the SNDSEQ lump. It's a text file, like DECORATE and most everything else ZDoom.

The SNDSEQ lump refers to sound by their logical name, which is mapped to a sound lump in SNDINFO, so that's another text lump you need to have.

Finally, to mark sectors as using your custom sound sequence, you'll need to use those things. (Or, if you are mapping in UDMF, there's a sector property for sound sequence.)

thanks, got it. super easy when you know what file to create and what to put into it. :)

what i did:

created SNDSEQ.txt

put into my wad with slade3

edit as text inside wad:

:Floor
end

:CeilingNormal
end
done.