Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy23

Medieval themed city maps?

I have yet to come across a good medieval city and was wondering if anyone else knew where I could find a wad that has one.

DooM: The Dark Project is, in my opinion, an excellent medieval-themed town map. It is for ZDooM, but as it was released 12 years ago there may be some compatibility problems with the current version of ZDooM.

Blowing my own horn here. But my Heretic WAD Curse of d'sparil got a medival city map as map02.

DeathevokatioN said:

Working on one for my megawad, will be available 2025. ;)

Same with me, right down to the exact date! Well, + - 12 years.

kristus said:

Blowing my own horn here. But my Heretic WAD Curse of d'sparil got a medival city map as map02.

The best and most beautiful city level I've ever played.

ReX said:

DooM: The Dark Project is, in my opinion, an excellent medieval-themed town map. It is for ZDooM, but as it was released 12 years ago there may be some compatibility problems with the current version of ZDooM.

Oh damn never heard of that, just gave it a whirl and loved it. Some of the texturing was bad, some impossible architecture, linearity... but I had a friggin' blast. The mood and atmosphere is great, I loved the feeling of exploring even if it was linear, and the feeling of progressing through "somewhere you're not supposed to be" - which is what Thief was all about, and Enjay nailed it here IMO.

Will have to try out Curse of d'Sparil, but I hated Heretic (but then... that was like 15 years ago that I played it, so maybe I will have a different reaction as an old fart).

And speaking of horn tooting, I have a medieval city map: Curst also taking up the map02 slot. KRISTUS LET'S GET MARRIED.