Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithrandir

We love you Yoda!

Ralphis said:

Yea it was friggin awesome. Episode 3 should be pure action. Can't wait for it

Daughter took grandson to see it today and he "needed to go to the toilet", when she came back it had finished :( she missed the ending :)

I'm gonna wait for at least another week before I see it. And I think Ralphis is right; Episode III should be the best.

I see a pattern: Each trilogy (I, II, III) and (IV, V, VI) has it, the first is the intro beginning yada yada stuff, middle is somewhat tragic or warish, third one is the more action packed. Scary.

Weedster said:

I'm gonna wait for at least another week before I see it. And I think Ralphis is right; Episode III should be the best.

I see a pattern: Each trilogy (I, II, III) and (IV, V, VI) has it, the first is the intro beginning yada yada stuff, middle is somewhat tragic or warish, third one is the more action packed. Scary.

I read that George Lucas stated that Ep III will be a very dark and sinister movie, so my guess is that it wont be like Ep VI (Anakin Skywalker turns into Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi has to flee and hide until Luke brings along R2-D2 in Ep IV - bottom line, it will be "the Rise of the Empire").

No, really, it is impossible to go through town without bumping into someone, quite often someone you really don't want to see. That's why my mother decided it would be nice to move back here, but it just freaks me out. I preffered harsh wolverhampton, where you had to be careful who you looked at. At least I didn't have to stop every five minutes to talk to some bastard who knows too much about me. On the upside, when one of your mates gets off with a total munter whilst in a state of total stupor, everyone finds out pretty fast, and taunting ensues.

I'm gonna wait till next week to see it, cuz if not I'll end up either right in the front having to crane my neck to impossible positions or all the way in the back, with all the jackasses. all I know is if I hear one cell phone go off its impalement time. had the cell phone moron experience in the last two movies I saw.

I carry a blowtorch around with me now, in case I feel like burning someone\thing. At the moment I am so pissed off with stuff that i'm not sure that I would have been able to keep the thing turned off had a cellphone gone off during the film. Me and my mates were talking of smashing up the projection room with it as a way of making us feel better about the film cutting out. That made the people standing in the queue delightfully nervous.

Mithrandir said:

I carry a blowtorch around with me now, in case I feel like burning someone\thing. At the moment I am so pissed off with stuff that i'm not sure that I would have been able to keep the thing turned off had a cellphone gone off during the film.

Heh...people who use cell phones can light themselves one fire.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...people who use cell phones can light themselves one fire.

OOOOH!!!! USING HTE MICROWAVE CAUSES CANCER!!! OH GOD!!! DON'T EVER DARE USE IT!!!

I was amazingly impressed with the movie. I managed to get tickets to the first showing here. It was definately worth the cash. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, here's a breif review for you.

This first half of the movie is, well kind of dull. I won't ruin anything, but this is where the major story building takes place. A lot of interresting connections are made here, but it is also a part where most of the actors were required to, well, act. Some of them still need to practice this concept a bit, though the script may have had some to do with this as well. At any rate, even the most boring parts of this movie were more entertaining than the best parts of episode 1. By the second half of the movie, the interrest level is still there, and for your patience you are rewarded. The last part is worth the price of admission alone, and I can honestly say that I have never heard as much cheering in a theatre before as I heard at the key moments in this half of the movie. Especially during the last fight seen (hint, hint). You are definately filled with a sense of forboding as events unfold just before the credits roll. All in all a very good movie.

How good is it? Well, after episode 1, episode 2 has quite a bit to follow up to. No matter how good it is, it will be overshadowed by how bad the first movie is. Sadly it does share a huge aspect in common with episode 1... the fact that it doesn't have the same feeling of the first trilogy. It may seem like nothing to many of you out there, but I can't get over the fact that it just doesn't feel like Star Wars. All considered, I would say that it is better than A New Hope... and comes close to Empire Strikes Back at points. For it's flaws, I still highly recommend seeing it. Out of the four of my friends who say it, only one came away disappointed, and that's only because of the technical aspect of the movie.

So, yeah... go see it.

I thought some of the dialog was a bit wooden and at times corny. And can I say, I hate it when people bang on about the FX in a movie. The effects were impressive in the movie, but I try not to pay any attention to them, I go to see a movie for its story and style, not the amount of cash spent on making fake eye-candy.

Goddamnit, I was going to go today, but at the last minute my brother wanted to go, and my dad didn't want to take him tonight because he has been sleeping in school. Goddamn brother...

bigbadgangsta said:

my dad didn't want to take him tonight because he has been sleeping in school.

isn't that what school's for?

Episode II fucking rules. Yoda kicks arse. Anakin is a emotional little bitch.

Sure it doesn't have the 'feel' of the original trilogy, but if it did then people would be "this sucks" , ""too much like the originals"...well not me. But I still loved it.

I am going to see it again this weekend.

bigbadgangsta said:

Not if you want to graduate...

point taken...i only slept in the classes that were breeze.

I'm gonna see it again next weekend, at the midnight showing. They rule, you can smoke at the back, spread out over the old-style double chairs (as long as you don't mind the stickines...) I'm totally gonna buy sum cheapass lightsabers soon.

pritch said:

/shudders violently

Heh, it must be England's equivalent of Cleveland.

I saw Episode One on opening day last year cause my cousin had tickets...it was actually quite annoying, all the huge star-wars manaics were there and they wouldn't shut up through the entire movie, and they actually gave like a friggin' standing ovation when Anakin flew that ship thing and blew the whole space station up.

Just got back from seeing it. I'm speechless. Haven't seen such a perfect and awesome movie like that in a VERY long time. I'm going to read the book right now to experience the scenes that never made it to the movie (not to mention Salvatore did the novel!). Yoda rules, and I feel so sorry for Threepio. :P

As for the effects, unbelievable. The water effects have to be seen to believed.

Mithrandir said:

I carry a blowtorch around with me now, in case I feel like burning someone\thing. At the moment I am so pissed off with stuff that i'm not sure that I would have been able to keep the thing turned off had a cellphone gone off during the film.

and I thought I was sick with my k-bar and garrotte. anyway the New York Daily News gave EpII only two stars, but critics are assholes. I really hoped the story is good and sets up good for the next movie.

BTW does anyone have a problem with the technology looking more advanced in the prequels? I heard some people bitching about that last week and thought it was retarded. I mean if you have a facist regime controling everything, your not exactly gonna be building super fancy ships. your gonna use what ya got, which might not be much.

I personally reckon that Lucas should hide the fact that Anakin turns in to Darth Vader as much as possible in ep3 so that future generations who watch the entire series will still be goin WTF? when Darth reveals that little bit of information at the end of ep5.

EDIT: He's kinda already hiding things to an extent - I'm pretty sure Darth Sidious is really Palpatine but the connection between the two isn't really evident in ep1 and ep2.

Also, I don't really get why people whinge that the prequels don't feel like Star Wars. Episode 4-6 were set in the middle of a galaxy that has totally changed since the episode 1-3 days, so of course it's gonna feel different! People shouldn't whinge about it, the feel of the movies help emphasise the story in a way - peaceful republic, fast forward a bit and we have a fascist empire.

Grandson has a totally great star wars toy, it's the light sabre trainer? That round ball that shoots at you? It's on a pole and spins around, the light sabre you hold has an infra red light, so the round balls lines itself up to point towards it, even if you circle round it, it spins around to point at you , then it fires these discs right at you, we all play on it when we visit him

GooberMan said:

fast forward a bit and we have a fascist empire

Fast forward a bit more and we have a dead empire :)

I don't understand why people think E1 sucks.
I thought it was cooler than any of the movies in the older trilogy, mainly because of the lightsaber fights.
The spacecraft aren't so well-designed as in the original trilogy, but does that really matter? E1 had a cool story and some cool action sequences - sure, it would be a lot better without that damn Jar Jar Binks, but at least he could've been FAR worse (images and sounds from The Fifth Element come back to haunt).

Then again, I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan (never liked the Storm trooper design for instance).