Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

What The Font?

What is the font used on the box art of Doom for Windows 95? The one with the blocky M's and the crosses in the O's. Despite the title I used whatthefont.com to find it and I didn't get the results I desired.

Looks like a good match. Some of the serifs look a bit too big but perhaps it's the black background.

Yep, Exocet is the "Diablo font"; and before Diablo people also knew it as the Planescape font.

In the same genre, but a bit different, there's also Morpheus. And you may also find Visitation and Avalon Quest fonts, which are pretty much nothing more than clones of Exocet, because even if you can find free downloads of the font on Diablo/Planescape/whatever fansites, it's still supposed to be a font that is sold.

Man, when I see that font I expect magic swords that give you dexterity and poof fire on impact! Or goat-like demons in the darkest dungeons, armed like military men, that sometimes fire blood stars at you (and are occasionally accompanied by deadly yellow invisible stalkers, or by goddamn lightning bats). Moments that definitely can't be relived due to how over-played and closed source Diablo is.

id was obsessed with that font back then, it's the same one used for the Master Levels logo and they used to use it on their site and the Quakeworld site.