Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

Youtube closing submissions? [April Fool]

I had a a notification tell me all 202 of my videos have been "submitted" to some contest to find the best video ever. I had a look into the video posted by youtube (https://www.youtube.com/youtube?feature=inp-vm-jke), and I am very worried!

From what I could put together from this video, apparently youtube will be shutting down and deleting everything, I swear to god I hope I am wrong or ill fed of this information, however if this is some April 1st prank, I am moving on to dailymotion, because I would not find this funny at all.

Hopefully this IS an April Fools joke, but do correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: this is favoring more to April Fools, the link seems to have the abbreviated word joke (jke) in it, but then again correct me if I am wrong.

Moving to Dailymotion because of a prank? Lightweight.

I just prefer not being on a site where I don't get surprise bullshit shoved up my... wait a minute...
well thanks youtube for making me look like an asshat, much appreciated!

Moral: anything you see that looks like bullshit over the next day is even more likely than normal to be bullshit. If you're the gullible type, just stay offline for 24 hours.

I still think the best online April Fool was Expedia's highly elaborate Mars one from some years back. ChessBase used to have some good ones, but the last few years have been rather weaker. Tomorrow they'll probably announce that Carlsen has qualified for the WC match, for instance.

I sure hope you realize I was playing along with April fools with the dailymotion thing and all... but something tells me I looked too serious and/or screwed the joke up horribly and made myself an asshat.
marvelous.

and besides, I don't even know what dailymotion is, all I know is somebody has one.

I was just about to speculate that we were being april fooled ourselves by reading this thread.

Now that I think about it, I do appreciate this joke and its originality. Why don't more people strike up conversations on April 1 and just express shockingly offensive and uncharacteristic opinions? Then, when people around you are about ready to disown you forever, let them know they've been April Trolled!

Well butter my biscuit and call me grandma. I've been fool'd!

darknation said:

I agree that there should be an international troll day.

Every day is freaking troll day. Sigh.

now that I have conducted myself in the manner of being a complete tool, I would now like to return to more serious matters, that and I have been awake for over 24 hours now, I don't think that's healthy at all.

darknation said:

I agree that there should be an international troll day.

October 1st.

(lo-l)

"You've been octrollbered!"

mrthejoshmon said:

I had a a notification tell me all 202 of my videos have been "submitted" to some contest to find the best video ever.

If only this prank happened back in 2011 when I was still on YouTube and didn't know anything about the existence of Dailymotion, I would've been so happy from such a notification and wouldn't have suspected it being a prank. Because I actually made tons of AMVs and musical tribute videos which are worthy of being entered into contests...
But oh well, they've been added to specific usergroups on Dailymotion now instead, and are getting their appreciation through there.