Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[name_withheld]

How do I get my site hosted at Doomworld?

pritch said:

with difficulty.

Me thinks you're absolutely correct.First you would probably need some decent track record,a portfolio of levels or work that is undeniably good.I suggest you look at the quality of some of the hosted sites.Have a look at Fredrik's site and maps for example,he makes you sick.

IF DOOMWORLD LIKES YOU, THEN YOU'LL BE SERVED; IF DOOMWORLD DISLIKES YOU, YOU'D BETTER LEAVE!

Doomworld hosting service = not entirely friendly :(

magikal said:

Me thinks you're absolutely correct.First you would probably need some decent track record,a portfolio of levels or work that is undeniably good.I suggest you look at the quality of some of the hosted sites.Have a look at Fredrik's site and maps for example,he makes you sick.

If that's the case I don't know why demise ever got hosted. Back then it was just me and hellbent, I never even made maps before, just made one that looked very decent for a first attempt and then some of hellbents maps, which are good. The team alweys had issues, we banned each other and kicked each other off the team atleast 2 times till I got sick of it. I said fuck it and neither my nor his maps are going into it, then just found someone that's good at making maps and he started a new project with the same name. I uploaded it and out came Southern Cross. Now whenever he and his friend make a project I just upload it, I find this to be the most succesfull way of leading a team, don't make friends with the people that work for you, it's hell when you get in a fight.

Your site looks decent. However, there's no content :/ Not even any screenshots. There's just not enough there to make a judgement, for me at least. Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think :P

stphrz said:

Your site looks decent. However, there's no content :/ Not even any screenshots. There's just not enough there to make a judgement, for me at least.

Agreed.Yeah the site looks good.
I was only having a guess,maybe I'm totally wrong,there's only one man who could tell you for sure:)

The how-to-get-hosted information page seems to be down. Anyway, email Ling the URL to your site with your hosting request.

Some things to remember:

1) This means you already have to have a site up somewhere, which looks decent and is updated often (or at least: enough). Without something to show Ling he's not going to bother. If it looks like crap, don't expect a reply from him either.

2) As a rule of thumb, no stuff that is already covered on Doomworld, such as a list of your favorite ports, or Doom3 news (with the possible exception of music or review sites). The site has to pertain to Doom.

3) For us to host a project you ought to show that you've already made some progress, and that you're going to follow through. Best way to do that is to post some screenshots on your current site and to have a team.

4) No illegal stuff. This includes eg. a Simpsons TC, as Fox holds the copyright.

allright already, quit linking to it, it's just unnecessary spam now.

orion said:

allright already, quit linking to it, it's just unnecessary spam now.

The God of Spam says MY spam is unnecessary? rofl!

bigbadgangsta said:

The God of Spam says MY spam is unnecessary? rofl!

If I'm the God of spam howcome you got more posts than me?

If I were to get hosted, would I still edit my website the same way? I have my website saved on my computer as a Trellix file and I edit it and upload the info onto the site, would I still be able to do this?

How could someone be king of spam without having posted 300 times in one day and 100 in two hours?

Fredrik said:

How could someone be king of spam without having posted 300 times in one day and 100 in two hours?

the secret to being king is in not having your postcount reset. =P

orion said:

the secret to being king is in not having your postcount reset. =P

Shh, don't tell everyone, they might catch up to me, Zaldron and Lüt!

bigbadgangsta said:

Shh, don't tell everyone, they might catch up to me, Zaldron and Lüt!

I'm right behind you buddy, you're gonna get fucked =P

mustafa saed said:

YO! ORION! You plannin on making southern cross2? If so,
let me know!

[]***~~~---> __^EMAIL^__ <---~~~***[]

mustafa saed said:

YO! ORION! You plannin on making southern cross2? If so,
let me know!

I am not responcible for making maps in the team, I used to be, but I quit that part, I'm just a webmaster now, it's up the the rest of the team to decide if they want another project. If you want to ask them here's the email: moonscrapper@aol.com