Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

UK issue: where the fuck is the Mountain Dew?

For those of you fellow UK doomworld forumisers, I have an urgent question..

WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THE MOUNTAIN DEW GO?

I distinctly remember the summer of '96, we bought crates of it for the football. I love Mountain Dew, I know it's shit but I love it.

Insidiously and without me realising until yesterday, Mountain Dew has disappeared from British life. Yesterday after devouring a particularly hot slice of Danish salami I suddenly had a flashback to that taste and I had one of those dire cravings.

Later on I drove out to Makro, the biggest Cash and Carry ever. They have every soft drink on Mother Earth including locally produced Malt drinks. But Mountain Dew? No, I can't find it anywhere.

Who's done away with it? Where can I get it? HELP!

I hijaked the frighter that was carrying it across the pond so I can make an olympic sized swimming pool of it underneath my mountain fortress. Muahaha!

I have never heard of this drink, but I shall make it my curious enquiry of the week. I'll ask everyone I meet for the next seven days.
My mate has just informed me that it is "gold-dust"

I heard a rumor that the company had to take all the Mt Dew back because it can get you sterile or something like that...
But here we have tons and tons of Mt Dew and it's pretty darn good.

Mithrandir said:

http://mightydew.hypermart.net/board/messages/44.html

Apparently some other people are having the same problem.

An intense 30 minute Google session was fruitless.

I've just tried those links in that message. I ordered some Mountain Dew, well, I got to the checkout anyway. THE FUCKING PRICE!

With the cheapest postage, it works out at £27.21 for a 24 pack. OMG.

For those cretinous Americans amongst you who don't know how much it is that's $45 for a 24 pack of regular cans of Mountain Dew.

Do I smell a rip-off here? I mean come one, someone undercut these dickheads!

Does anyone want to join me in asking Pepsico for a license to sell the full-caffeine whack mountain dew here in Britain again? We could make millions.

bigbadgangsta said:

Mountain Dew makes you go sterile :P

Even if that was true, I think I'm too far gone to care. I'm about to pay £30 for a few litres of Mountain Dew, I mean this is capitalism gone fucked. Come on pepsi, you vile whores.

Find a mountain dew dealer. Make sure your shit ain't laced though.

dude england is sure fucked up if they dont got the dew. personaly i think the dew rocks when mixed half with orange juice, if u have done that i would sudgest tryin it. hell, i have yet to meet a person who dislikes the dew and orange jucie mix

Fuck the Mountain Dew, where's the Dr. Pepper gone? I wasn't able to find any last two times I was in the British Isles (97 and 99), and everyone I asked had no clue what the hell I was talking about.

We've got tons of Dr. Pepper.. you can't watch a film at the cinema (movie at the theatre) or an advert (commercial) on television without being harrassed (fucked with) by it.

bigbadgangsta said:

Yellow Dye #5 is an additive that has been used since 1916 in a number of popular products like skim milk, yogurt, and macaroni and cheese. It is fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use in food and soft drinks and, as such, is completely safe for consumers. If you want more information, check out the information on the FDA's website at http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/colorfac.html.

I used to love Mountain Dew. I think you can get it in the odd random shop on import(?!) but I've never seen it. It was a damn fine drink too.

Forget the Dew, Jolt tastes way better. Heh, loved that Jackie Chan Mountain Dew commercial though...

bigbadgangsta said:

Jesus H., that is the biggest myth out there if I ever heard one. Well, it actually does, but you have to have a boner for like 5 hours or some shit afterwards, which doesn't seem reasonable. I'll bet anything that whoever started that was either some guy who hated it so much that he wanted everyone to not want it or some disgruntled ex-employee who "seemed" to have scientific knowledge about the stuff that wanted revenge on the company or something. It's the same story with the whole legend of Proctor and Gamble supporting Stanists. Not true.

And Jon: You don't need to translate it for us...

bigbadgangsta said:

Amazingly enough, I've heard that this is actually true, but you have to drink MASSIVE near toxic amounts of it.

Okay, pritch. Here's MY idea: Go to Makro, and see the head management. Ask them to start stocking Mountain Dew again. Tell them that you would definitely buy it, and that all of your friends love it or some bukkshit like that.

/me realizes pritch's ACTUAL predicament

AAIIEEEEEEEEE! NO MOUNTAIN DEW?! I'D GO MAD WITHOUT MY MOUNTAIN DEW CODE RED! AAIIEEEEEEEEE!

/me takes a hit from his bottle.

Mountain Dew? Have i been living in a cave for all these years?
Well, actually...

Mountain Dew Code Red is the ultimate road trip fuel. It kept me alive for the 22 hours 'tween Dallas and Salt Lake. :)

Have i been living in a cave for all these years?
Well, actually...

I thought it was a warehouse and then a tomb, or something. Anyway, you should all try Rocket fuel coffee. SO good! it has guarna in it, so u stay pretty alert. The major drawback for me, however, is that it gives me mega uncomfortable shits. I mean REALLY uncomfortable. You know, one of those where you have to decide if it's easier to wipe your arse or just go to the shower. But I think that's just me. I get that with coffe anyway, but it usually takes many cups, with Rocket fuel it's only two.

Oh, I should've mentioned, I've completed a couple of pieces of GCSE coursework on this shit. It's also pretty good for all night sessions of Magic.

I used to love Mountain Dew, but the stuff makes my stomache hurt. No matter what drink I start with, I always end up back with good old Pepsi (or wild cherry, if it's around)

No way PC Cola is the best ever. We have it in Canada... I dunno about anywhere else... but I have never had anything that quenched my thirst that well

Gamer Crack, n.

2. a drink made from Gatorade and 1/2 to a full package of Pixie Stixs; used on nights when caffeine just isn't good enough (the effect on the generally malnourished LARPer is scary to say the least). [BG]

I oughta try this some night when I don't think I need sleep. :)