Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rampy470

Wolfenstein 3D Source Port with Mouse Look

Hey, Doomworld. I'm looking for a source port of Wolf3D with mouse look, similar to ZDoom or Skulltag. I have the Steam version, so it has to be able to work with that. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

What's the point of mouse look, from the moment that there are no height variations or ceiling/floor textures to begin with?

Edit: NM, Ninja'd.

Maes said:

What's the point of mouse look

Well as far as ECWolf goes, Rise of the Triad style levels. At the moment the freelook is just there since I implemented it by accident trying to add movement bob. It'll be completed once the Z-axis is implemented.

Blzut3 said:

Here: http://maniacsvault.net/ecwolf/

The mouse look (vertical) is a bit experimental at the moment, so you'll need to enable cheat codes (shift+alt+backspace) and use Tab+M to turn it on.

Thanks a lot, man! I completely suck at it (started on second-highest difficulty) and the mouse leap is a bit annoying, but now I can finally play Wolf3D. Thanks a lot, really.
Oh, btw, do you know if it works with Spear of Destiny as well?

Maes said:

What's the point of mouse look, from the moment that there are no height variations or ceiling/floor textures to begin with?

Edit: NM, Ninja'd.

It's a lot easier to aim with it instead of the arrow keys.

Rampage470 said:

Oh, btw, do you know if it works with Spear of Destiny as well?

It does. Just be sure to set Spear of Destiny to the original mission in Steam before playing (just start up the game from Steam and then quit). It should appear in the IWAD selection.

If you're curious, starting Spear "normally" once is needed because in the game as installed by Steam, it's set up to start the second mission pack ("The Ultimate Challenge"). Most probably because the mission selection program works by renaming files and the guys at Valve must have tried each of the missions in order (first normal SOD, setting up SOD to be played; then Return to Danger, setting it to be played instead; and finally TUC, giving it the last word) before deeming everything to be working out fine and approving the package.

Spear of Destiny's backup files are .SD1; RTD has .SD2, and TUC has .SD3. The game itself only sees the .SOD file. The mission chooser overwrites the .SOD files with copies of the .SD1, .SD2, or .SD3 files as appropriate.

ECWolf, however, uses SOD for Spear of Destiny, and SD2/SD3 for the FormGen mission packs. Since when installed from Steam the SOD files are copies of the SD3 files, you need to reset them to be copies of the SD1 files instead, and the mission chooser can do that for you.

Rampage470 said:

It's a lot easier to aim with it instead of the arrow keys.

Vanilla DOS Wolf3D supports using the mouse to turn. "Mouse look" usually refers to looking vertically with the mouse.