Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

Any1 here play Counter-Strike?

Do any of the regular doomers play Counter-Strike? If so, wotz ur name on there? Mine's just MaTT [TiK], same as here, on Doom.

Ive heard CS is good, well it should be considering half life is pretty decent- albeit a bit too easy once you got the hang of it. Not enough enemies in half life even in highest difficulty, and the marines can be thick somtimes.

I just cant be bothered to dload CS its too god damn big. Itd take me till doomsday on my connect. Ill have to hunt round for it on a cover disk of a pc mag or something.

Half life is shit slow online though on 56k if you played in a half life server. Ill play you in a half life game matt if you set one up. That is if i can get half life working. Its always whinging you need to update this, that. Worth a try though.

His Flufiness the Tedster.

CS is slow and crappy imo. Can be fun to play with friends on a LAN though, but so can almost everything.

Erik said:

CS is slow and crappy imo. Can be fun to play with friends on a LAN though, but so can almost everything.

Except Q3A.

Yeah, Fluffy, CS is amazing. I got Half-Life, Opposing Force, Counter-Strike and Blue Shift (all 4 half-life games) for £20 - its called Half-Life Generation. Yeah, half-life is a bit slow online, but in CS, u get hardly any lag at all - its a hell of a lot faster than the doom servers. You're right about the updating shit. When i first tried 2 play, i had 2 d/l a 36 MB file 2 update it (i fink), so i just tried normal half-life instead (i only needed a 10 MB d/l), but i couldnt get it 2 work online. In the end, i left the cs update downloadin overnight. Now it works perfectly, and i cant b bothered 2 play normal half-life online - theres no point. The problem is, i'v been playin it for a few days now and i'm addicted 2 it (i think it must use subliminal messages or sumthin). Today, i saw sum1 through the glass in a door at school (my last day 2day) and i went 2 pull out my sniper rifle, lmao, but then i realised i didnt really hav 1, so i stopped, lol. And whats a shame is, i just tried 2 play csDoom (or ZDaemon, cant remember which) and i found it very laggy, i ran 2 fast, the level was borin and overall, i found it crap, so i only played for about 1 min. DAMN! Just over a week ago, i thought Doom was the most amazing game ever! I'm gonna hav 2 stop player cs, its fukt up doom 4 me, so my advice 2 all doomers is not 2 get cs now, even tho it is a great game. I'm gonna keep playin it 2night until i get used 2 the controls again and hopefully i'll get back into it. Whether i do or not, i'm still gonna chat here almost every day (and leave lots of annoying messages and piss everyone by fillin up the forum with my shit, like this).

Fredrik said:

Except Q3A.

Quake 1 is by far the most fun non-Doom game on LAN, Q3A falls far behind... still.. it's fun for 15 minutes or so.

Bloody mighty post there matt you goin for the biggest post award ;-0

I cant be arsed with half life either but ill get CS sometime. Stick to doom for now. Jedi knight the old game not the new one is good too. I can tell you where to get it matt if you aint got it.

Lol you going facking mad wanderin round school thinkin yur gordon freeman. Did any teachers get pulled into air vents and mutilated. That would be cool.

His Flufiness the Tedster

lmao, i no i'm mad, and i no that was a long post, sorry.

i dont hav 2 worry about doom - i just played on csDoom (see ur master server campaign thread, fluffy), and i found it fun once again. The only problems r that u run/walk a lot faster in it than u do in cs (cs running speed is about the same as doom walking speed) and i need 2 get used 2 the controls again. Hopefully, i'll b able 2 hypnotise myself sumtime in the near future, so that shd help, lol.

No, i dont hav jedi knight, pls tell me where 2 get it fluff.

MaTT [TiK] said:

No, i dont hav jedi knight, pls tell me where 2 get it fluff.

He means tell him where to buy it :)

Yeah, obviously fod, wot do u think i am, a thief? :)

I bought the whole Doom series as well :)

^^^ actually, i really did

Thank God! I just played up 2 map04 in (ZDoom) Doom 2, played 4 a few mins on EDGE (for the first time) and played a very quick ZDaemon DM against Player, and i'v just realised, i like it just as much as i used to, but i'm gonna hav 2 stop playin cs all the time and hopefully play doom at least once a day again.

k, thx

shit, i fink i must'v deleted it thinkin it was spam cos its not there. could u pls send it again?

no dont worry, lol, i just found it in the log file

deathwarrior said:

half-life == GAY GAY GAY

No. It's not at all jolly. It's however pretty ghey.