Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NerdKoopa

[WIP] Voxel Vehicles Pack (Beta 5 release)

This is so damn cool! I seriously love all of these vehicles. I was sorta hoping one of your bulldozer recolors would be yellow :)

I would use yellow if I could, but the Doom palette has so very few shades of it. Not nearly enough for the bulldozer. There were just barely enough shades for me to be able to make the forklift yellow.

Update! Made an excavator. It's "KEN" brand. I pretty much just parodied the Catepillar logo, but this one references Ken Silverman, the creator of the Build engine and SLAB6. This thing will be added in Beta 3 when it eventually comes.

Oh boy. Can't wait to see the contents of Beta3. :D

Is it possible to make cyan versions of the excavator? That color seems to be plentiful in market.

I've seen orange, yellow, and even red ones, I think even a dark green one; but cyan excavators?

Could we get a VTOL with an UAC logo on it?

Gez said:

I've seen orange, yellow, and even red ones, I think even a dark green one; but cyan excavators?

Or is light blue correct? Spindrift? Or turquoise? Because for now I don't give a fuck of precise coloring.
Anyway, this kind of coloring I meant:

I've seen turquoise excavators too, but the Doom color palette doesn't have shades of turquoise or cyan. I have to use blue instead.
And yes, I could make a logo version of the VTOL. Hell, I might as well make a logoless version of the UAC truck while I'm at it.
After I'm done with the alternate colors of the excavator, I'll move on to a tractor. After that one and its colors are done, I'll release Beta 3.

Gave the excavator its alternate colors. It's funny how the brown variant sort of disappears in this pic.

NerdKoopa said:

I've seen turquoise excavators too, but the Doom color palette doesn't have shades of turquoise or cyan.

Voxels use their own built-in palette, but in software the colors would get remapped to the closest match in RGB space, so cyan colors end up light grey. GZDoom would still show it as cyan, though.

BETA 3 IS HERE! The first post has been updated with new info, new screenshots and a new link, but here's the link anyways: http://www.mediafire.com/?k7kpxq59p6m3z2b
Please note that the demonstration level is still a part of the main WAD, but it will be a separate WAD in the final version.

I released the 3rd beta after completing the tractor, just as I promised. Here's a screenshot of the tractor with its colors.

Just to recap, new vehicles in Beta 3 are:

* A tank in 3 colors
* A forklift in 8 colors
* A bulldozer in 6 colors
* An excavator in 8 colors
* A tractor in 10 colors

omg those new army vehicles look amazing!! I just I was making a project that could actually use em. Any chance at making some hellish voxels?

Uhm... Why would I need to make hellish vehicles? I don't think cars made of bones and flesh would suit Doom's version of hell.

Oops. Noticed that the tractor was still in the "to be made" list, even though it's finished and included. Also, added a sports car to the list. I can't believe I didn't remember to make one earlier.

I made my own version of the VTOL with UAC logo. :)

(Don't pay attention to the odd little square in the bottom left corner, it's just a bullet puff.)

Oh damn, why didn't I think of putting the logo in THAT spot?! Gez, I'm gonna steal this, if you don't mind. Also, I'm gonna use the yellow letters like in the truck. (Did you increase the rendering scale of the thing?)

NerdKoopa said:

(Did you increase the rendering scale of the thing?)

Yep, scale 1.5 in the DECORATE code. I find it looks more in proportion with the marine sprites.

Made logo versions of both of the VTOL colors. Would anyone have use for logoless versions of the armored UAC truck?

Made an ambulance from the van. I really didn't feel like starting completely from scratch, especially when there was such a good vehicle to base it on. Like the cop cars, it comes in two light varieties. One with the lights off and one with the lights on. It will be included in Beta 4 when I eventually get there.

Hah, does the ambulance contain health-packs? Imagine a black berserk ambulance.

Also, nice one Gez.

Nerdkoopa, though not a vehicle, you should consider voxel versions of Doom's crates - this way crates that can be pushed, dropped, placed on lifts, propelled, destroyed, stacked, teleported, used as door-wedges etc. can be added. The interactive cratemaze possibilities are endless.

Captain Toenail said:

Nerdkoopa, though not a vehicle, you should consider voxel versions of Doom's crates - this way crates that can be pushed, dropped, placed on lifts, propelled, destroyed, stacked, teleported, used as door-wedges etc. can be added. The interactive cratemaze possibilities are endless.

I have already made a test WAD with a pushable voxel table. I posted it some time ago. I am planning on making "Useful Voxels Pack" after this one. That one will contain voxel bridges, platforms, furniture, signs and so on.

A small request - can you put Doom Builder categorisation in to your decorate definitions? The format is pretty easy, it's two lines that you paste and modify at the top of your actor definition, ie:

actor 60sCarRed 10600
{
  //$Category Voxel Vehicles Pack
  //$Title "60's Car - Red"
}

Gez said:

Voxel GADs!

Gez, that's what my movable/drivable platform .wad over on the ZDoom forum was meant to look like...

GooberMan said:

A small request - can you put Doom Builder categorisation in to your decorate definitions? The format is pretty easy, it's two lines that you paste and modify at the top of your actor definition, ie:

actor 60sCarRed 10600
{
  //$Category Voxel Vehicles Pack
  //$Title "60's Car - Red"
}

I didn't even know that this feature existed. Well, there are probably MANY decorate features that I haven't heard of. Still a newbie here. Thanks! I'll be using this.
EDIT: Would it be possible to divide it into sub-categoties like Cars, Special Cars, Aircraft, Heavy equipment and so on?

Sub categories don't exist, but you can still make the category the vehicle type and the title the colour. It would work well enough.